What would we like for Saints Row the 2nd?

They played it WAY too safe and I think it cost them a lot of sells. It's largely my one main gripe.

Not only that... BUT. The CM @DeadlySteph being a complete asshole (to not call it other name) in both her personal account and on @SaintsRow official twitter the whole time and now she locked her personal twitter after calling anyone who disliked the game a "terrorist"... Typical...
And of course Alex Rowland (@AeroGD) also being a complete asshat. Instead of admitting they fucked up. He proceeded to also act all high and mighty trying to meme painting any critics of the game as haters.

Honestly, Volition and it's staff deserves this whole backlash and the flop. It's their own fault, and the fact they doesn't admit it wholeheartedly makes it worse. Everyone saw the failure coming from Miles (or kilometers) away since the day they revealed the CGI Trailer. Except Volition "We won't back down."

and to make it worse... it doesn't happens only once. but a lotta times.
As much shit as SR4 gets, I actually liked the superpowers in that game. It meant you could alternate between the powers to kill the enemies in a variety of ways. I really liked that.

SRR is a gun party every damn time and I wish it wasn't.

As much shit as SR4 gets, I actually liked the superpowers in that game. It meant you could alternate between the powers to kill the enemies in a variety of ways. I really liked that.

SRR gunplay is awful in all senses.
Every weapons lacks any punch.
Grenades being locked behind a Skill instead of being a separate weapon like the previous entries. The weapon sound design is weak. it just reinforces the lack of punch on'em. Also both the Lever Action and Bolt Action rifles being 1 shot only and cycling it being treated as the same as reloading them.
Melee being a complete joke.

If you turn enemy health all the way down you can kill enemies similar to SR1 and 2 where they don't survive 3 fully upgraded revolver headshots.

A Remaster for both would be great, but i think they still don't have the Source for Saints Row 1, so it would probably onlt be SR2 Remaster.

Completely agree. While I would love a SR Remaster, that's probably a harder ask. The thing is, SRTT Remaster looks really good from what I saw, but I only played 5 minutes of it when I bought it bundled with SR2022, which I decided to refund the bundle after huge problems with Epic and a controller.

To your point, the remaster of SRTT looks at least visually stunning in my brief time with it. I can't even imagine what they could do with SR2 if they put their minds to it. SR2 is a 2010 game, which as beautiful as it plays and for all its features, is 2 year older tech than SRTT was. The things they could do even with just a visual remaster of SR2 really excites me. Though, 12 years later, I'm not sure I can see it happening. We can dream, though.

I love SRIV to this day. It is completely different than the previous games, but loads and loads of fun. I, too, like many people, complained initially about the under-powered weapons, until I started to get good at the superpowers and realized that the weapons aren't really under-powered at all, you just have to use them in combination with your powers.

Not only that... BUT. The CM @DeadlySteph being a complete asshole (to not call it other name) in both her personal account and on @SaintsRow official twitter the whole time and now she locked her personal twitter after calling anyone who disliked the game a "terrorist"... Typical...
And of course Alex Rowland (@AeroGD) also being a complete asshat. Instead of admitting they fucked up. He proceeded to also act all high and mighty trying to meme painting any critics of the game as haters.

Honestly, Volition and it's staff deserves this whole backlash and the flop. It's their own fault, and the fact they doesn't admit it wholeheartedly makes it worse. Everyone saw the failure coming from Miles (or kilometers) away since the day they revealed the CGI Trailer. Except Volition "We won't back down."

What's the deal with this Steph person i keep hearing about?

She's a Saints Row CM and there's a big Twitter drama. OGs hate reboot, reboot fans hate OGs, OGs attack reboot fans, Steph and other reboot fans attack OGs and so on. The war never ends and I'm tired of this shit. I sometimes want to leave the community when I see what's going on with it
Sometimes, i wonder why for things like that.. there's always a reason, big or small, to make a conflict or create a war

Back