Nylon mod for the reboot (maybe)?

Much appreciated
Yeah after messing with this for an hour I'm 80% sure we cannot change transparency on materials, I will be able to change the texture and remove the seam though.

Edit:

Well I removed the seam and the cotton texture from the stockings you mentioned. I'll see what I can do about transparency later. Try it out and see if you like it

Attachments

• StockingEdit.zip
    862.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 2022-09-04_18-30.png
    2022-09-04_18-30.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 2022-09-04_18-30_1.png
    2022-09-04_18-30_1.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Yeah after messing with this for an hour I'm 80% sure we cannot change transparency on materials, I will be able to change the texture and remove the seam though.

Edit:

Well I removed the seam and the cotton texture from the stockings you mentioned. I'll see what I can do about transparency later. Try it out and see if you like it
Sorry for the delayed message. Thank you so much. Both of those look amazing! I must ask though, what do I do with the folder you gave me? Do I just put the file in the directory or something else?

You just need to install special-k, and extract the archive in the same folder as SaintsRow.exe
1. Can I have a link to where to find special-k?
2. I'm a noob so I need clarification on what exactly needs to go in the the SaintsRow.exe folder

Like, do I extract the folder you sent with the stockings in and put the whole folder in there? Do I need to do it some who with SK? I don't mean to be a bother but your description is not very clear or explanatory.

1. Can I have a link to where to find special-k?
2. I'm a noob so I need clarification on what exactly needs to go in the the SaintsRow.exe folder

Like, do I extract the folder you sent with the stockings in and put the whole folder in there? Do I need to do it some who with SK? I don't mean to be a bother but your description is not very clear or explanatory.
You can grab special-k in their discord server #nightly-builds. https://discord.com/invite/specialk

After you downloaded the archive extract it and you will find a SpecialK64.dll file
Rename it to dxgi.dll and place it in your saints row folder. sr5 specifically, in the directory that contains "SaintsRow.exe"
Then just unpack the mod in the sr5 directory so that you have SK_Root folder in the same directory as the exe file.

Then you should be able to just launch the game and it should automatically do its thing

Attachments

• 2022-09-09_18-08.png
    2022-09-09_18-08.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 104
You can grab special-k in their discord server #nightly-builds. https://discord.com/invite/specialk

After you downloaded the archive extract it and you will find a SpecialK64.dll file
Rename it to dxgi.dll and place it in your saints row folder. sr5 specifically, in the directory that contains "SaintsRow.exe"
Then just unpack the mod in the sr5 directory so that you have SK_Root folder in the same directory as the exe file.

Then you should be able to just launch the game and it should automatically do its thing
Hey, I have tried a few methods based on your instructions and I am not getting any results. Is there a difference between operating systems? I'm using Windows and my files look different to yours, there are more files in my directory too. I am wondering if that might make a difference. I am all good with the instructions apart from this:

"Then just unpack the mod in the sr5 directory so that you have SK_Root folder in the same directory as the exe file."

What do I have to do to "unpack the mod"? Do I have to make the SK_Root folder because I am not seeing one called that?

Also, is there any update for the transparency or any other parts I requested?

Transparency is not possible with just texture replacement.

Also yeah my bad I thought I packaged it with the correct file structure.

This should be the correct one,
Just checked out the mod, it works and the stocking you showed in your picture look even better in-game so mad props. A few things to note maybe, it has made the athletic thigh highs smooth which is no biggy and I would have liked the stockings with garters to be a similar texture/smoothness to the other stockings. I'm learning to live with the lack of transparency thing but will always be hoping that maybe there will be a chance in future to change that. Until then, thanks for all you have done.

Just checked out the mod, it works and the stocking you showed in your picture look even better in-game so mad props. A few things to note maybe, it has made the athletic thigh highs smooth which is no biggy and I would have liked the stockings with garters to be a similar texture/smoothness to the other stockings. I'm learning to live with the lack of transparency thing but will always be hoping that maybe there will be a chance in future to change that. Until then, thanks for all you have done.
Once we get the ability to actually repack and modify game textures we will surely be able to modify transparency. Glad that I could help ya

Back