Features - Saints Row 2 VS Saints Row 2022

Holy shit, that sounds really bad. Have you tried setting Task Manager to "Always on top"?

The PC just starts to slowly become unresponsive.

Take a look at this video, the issue appears at min 1:13

That same issue has happened to me 3 times in over 20 hours of game. At first i was thinking that it might be an issue with my GPU VRAM or my HDD, so i was not blaming the game AT ALL. Luckily i was streaming to facebook when it happened and managed to have video of it. But then i checked the Saints Row (2022) Gameplay Issues Thread in these forums, and noticed someone posting a video with the exact same issue i was having and i was like... "HOLY SHIT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!?

At the very end you can see the windows cursor over the game, just a few seconds later my whole PC just freezes. I can't alt tab, i can't open task manager, i get no error message or a blue screen. It just freezes completely. But after learning it was SR 2022 i started testing my PC with other games like Red Dead Online, RE8, GTA Online and Forza Horizon 5 and that PC Freeze is not happening in any of those games with over two hours of testing.

Here is the thing, i love Volition. It's on my top 3 developers after Rockstar and Bethesda, i really don't want to see them go and i hope this game at least sells to break even so they stay afloat. I own every single Red Faction and Saints Row Game on Steam, GOG and Xbox, yes on all three platforms and i even bought Agents of Mayhem to support volition, and i still haven't even played 10 minutes of it because to be honest it's not a game i was attracted to. I am disappointed with SR 2022, as soon as i saw the reveal trailer and some gameplay i was totally on the suspicious wagon, yes but now i think it deserves a chance but i can't also just shut up and not voice my opinion on how older games seemed more feature rich with tiny cool details. It's fair to have fun with the game, but also all the discontent is very fair. People feel like it was not been heard.

I first played SR3 because i remember getting it along SR2 and other games in humble bundle for less than 5 bucks. and i really liked it. I am not a fan of the ghetto gangsta rap crap, i can't stand all that BS and i was reluctant to play SR2 but once i did, holy shit! i got to admit it was for me one of the best open world sandbox games ever. I liked how serious and badass the story was with a fine line between the gameplay being super fun and wacky. SR2 is a master piece and by far the best in the series. I still liked SR3 as my second choice because while it wasen't as serious, it was still serious enough for me with much less gangsta splattered all over the place.

Last edited:
for now they're focused on fixing the game
their statement is kinda ironic... since you know... they delayed the game release from february to august. claiming that time wasn't enough to polish the game, test it and make it sure it wasn't so bugged before shipping... while claiming with an air of grandeur they delayed it to ensure quality... "we're making a reboot like no other, it's so saints row"

This mentality of "Release it first, fix it later." is pure cancer. There's no way to defend companies doing this bullshit. Not saying that unfinished games weren't unreleased in the past tho... Back in the day some cases of unfinished games being released happened. Driv3r is a prime example (Driving in Driver 3 stills better than driving in the reboot, i'm not joking). Also not only Volition staff are the ones to blame... BUT, also the investors, mainly them... Since you know... Typical suits... They're usually people that doesn't give a flying fuck about gaming in general, but only the numbers.
One example of this typical person is STRAUSS ZELNICK from Take2. He openly stated he doesn't knows what Grand Theft Auto is, yet, he runs the company that OWNS the studios behind it. And the attrocious Definitive Edition of GTA Trilogy is a complete mess, yet, Zelnick claims it was a success because of the numbers. Same applies to the investors at Embracer Group/Plaion

Thank God I didn't spent my money on it. Yet I played the game, courtesy of some friends and relatives of mine who bought it.

A wild guess is that probably they would manage to fuck up even if they delayed the game to August 23th, 2023.

their statement is kinda ironic... since you know... they delayed the game release from february to august. claiming that time wasn't enough to polish the game, test it and make it sure it wasn't so bugged before shipping... while claiming with an air of grandeur they delayed it to ensure quality... "we're making a reboot like no other, it's so saints row"

This mentality of "Release it first, fix it later." is pure cancer. There's no way to defend companies doing this bullshit. Not saying that unfinished games weren't unreleased in the past tho... Back in the day some cases of unfinished games being released happened. Driv3r is a prime example (Driving in Driver 3 stills better than driving in the reboot, i'm not joking). Also not only Volition staff are the ones to blame... BUT, also the investors, mainly them... Since you know... Typical suits... They're usually people that doesn't give a flying fuck about gaming in general, but only the numbers.
One example of this typical person is STRAUSS ZELNICK from Take2. He openly stated he doesn't knows what Grand Theft Auto is, yet, he runs the company that OWNS the studios behind it. And the attrocious Definitive Edition of GTA Trilogy is a complete mess, yet, Zelnick claims it was a success because of the numbers. Same applies to the investors at Embracer Group/Plaion

Thank God I didn't spent my money on it. Yet I played the game, courtesy of some friends and relatives of mine who bought it.

A wild guess is that probably they would manage to fuck up even if they delayed the game to August 23th, 2023.

You got to blame Bethesda, they started this trend which spread like wildfire. Remember, "it just works".

Although i am kinda enjoy it Saints Row 2022 with all it's flaws and technicals isses, i been watching several videos on YouTube and there seems to be a massive list of cut down features and things you could do in SR2.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Yeaaah... Probably the pandemic and the buyout of Koch Media affected Volition quite a lot, maybe they were forced to released the game for lack of funds? It really feels very unfinished and i am starting to doubt if even a whole more year of delay would even cut it.

But even after all that i still think the Reboot needs to be given a chance. It's not THAT bad... and just to be clear, all the features of SR2 were not even present in SR3 and SR3. I'm 15 hours in, the game asked me to put more businesses or something in order to do the "Party", so was doing a lot of side missions and activities and i got to admit i am having fun. I mean the story still lame and the characters are just horrible, if you can turn a blind eye to all that there is some fun to be had with this game. But i do have to admit it's the weakest in the Series. Not counting AoM because i actually never played it, i own it on Steam and Xbox just to support volition.
It’s hard to care about theses types of comparisons, it’s like your parents rant about you not being as good as your older sibling or some family member, people tend not to appreciate things for what they are and as a result they hate things and especially change. Another reason why I can’t respect these types of opinions your not sure what place their coming form as in do i care for the game that I want it to improve? Or I’m I here to mock and hate because it’s fun and that’s what everyone else is doing. I couldn’t even find a positive opinion on YouTube I found a few but or course people hate you for thinking differently

I’m quite enjoying the game and the main reason why I bought it on PC was because I knew the full game wasn’t gonna have stuff that might have been in previous games. However, with videos or takes like this , its an overly exaggerated version of saying why the game is trash and why previous games were better. They make these types of videos for every game. The reason why I feel this game will make a resurgence in due time is because this really the first Saints Game where they can go back and add stuff to flush out the game. Other games you’re really just stuck with what they put into the game. I will say that you can obviously tell Volition took step backs when it came down to certain parts of the gameplay. In other aspects, they added more to it. The game needs to be flushed and bring more life into. How many times do you see a Gaming Company reboot a game when they were on the verge of bankruptcy. This game was the result of that bankruptcy. I won’t knock where credit and criticism is due but a lot of people have their various opinions. Some of which that blurs the line between real critics and trolls just trying to clown the game and the developers.
Exactly blurring the line between real critics and trolls, I listen to both even the ones that love have problems with the game and I respect those as well but ones who aren’t willing to try it for themselves an hate you for playing it those I have to ignore. Your letting 60$ keep you form trying something new? Your whole if is an experience you choose how you spend it and live it

I've been bouncing back and forth between SR2 on my PS3 and a GOTR install on my PC, and I think my biggest take away is that as much as I love SR2, everyone still walks like they sharted themselves.

It’s hard to care about theses types of comparisons, it’s like your parents rant about you not being as good as your older sibling or some family member, people tend not to appreciate things for what they are and as a result they hate things and especially change. Another reason why I can’t respect these types of opinions your not sure what place their coming form as in do i care for the game that I want it to improve? Or I’m I here to mock and hate because it’s fun and that’s what everyone else is doing. I couldn’t even find a positive opinion on YouTube I found a few but or course people hate you for thinking differently

Because i like it and hate it at the same time.

I hate how they cut down on little details, features, activities and diversions and gone woke by stating that the first 3 Saints Row titles were a product of a past era and that it was too offensive, I also hate the characters and the story as a whole. But i do like Saint Ileso, the easter eggs, the graphics and most of all, how my female boss turned out.

The game isn't complete crap, it's kinda fun and i advise people to give give it a try. But it's very hard for me to recommend it at full $60 price with all the technical issues that i had. Maybe if it wasen't nearly broken, then yes... but right now? i would advise people to buy it ONLY on sale for $25 or less.

Is it a worthy successor the to Saints Row franchise? i can only say it's the weakest of the bunch. But then again i haven't played Gat out of Hell. I think it's better than Agents of Mayhem which i am currently playing, and i got to admit i am also having fun with it. But i noticed Gat was behind a pay wall lol, but lucky me! the next day i started playing it, a bunch of DLC's got a 75% off in Steam.

I usually Despise the mainstream "gaming critics", they are usually full of BS. But one thing you can always count it's that they are usually NOT GAMERS, and hate the industry. Most of them can't stop shitting on Gamers as a whole. It's like they hate their job and would jump to writing articles for Bloomberg, NYT or anything else that it's non gaming related. But the overall scores of 60 - 65 sounds about right for Saints Row 2022.

Heck i had tried games with scores of 30 or 50 and still found them enjoyable or kinda fun. So 65- isn't bad for me, just average for a AAA title.

Because i like it and hate it at the same time.

I hate how they cut down on little details, features, activities and diversions and gone woke by stating that the first 3 Saints Row titles were a product of a past era and that it was too offensive, I also hate the characters and the story as a whole. But i do like Saint Ileso, the easter eggs, the graphics and most of all, how my female boss turned out.

The game isn't complete crap, it's kinda fun and i advise people to give give it a try. But it's very hard for me to recommend it at full $60 price with all the technical issues that i had. Maybe if it wasen't nearly broken, then yes... but right now? i would advise people to buy it ONLY on sale for $25 or less.

Is it a worthy successor the to Saints Row franchise? i can only say it's the weakest of the bunch. But then again i haven't played Gat out of Hell. I think it's better than Agents of Mayhem which i am currently playing, and i got to admit i am also having fun with it. But i noticed Gat was behind a pay wall lol, but lucky me! the next day i started playing it, a bunch of DLC's got a 75% off in Steam.

I usually Despise the mainstream "gaming critics", they are usually full of BS. But one thing you can always count it's that they are usually NOT GAMERS, and hate the industry. Most of them can't stop shitting on Gamers as a whole. It's like they hate their job and would jump to writing articles for Bloomberg, NYT or anything else that it's non gaming related. But the overall scores of 60 - 65 sounds about right for Saints Row 2022.

Heck i had tried games with scores of 30 or 50 and still found them enjoyable or kinda fun. So 65- isn't bad for me, just average for a AAA title.
With time I hope they improve on the reboot I’m not hyped yet for another sequel until they expand on this one, I still feels theirs hope and possibly an online world where bosses can meet and bring back old cast in future dlcs. More interiors, clothing, hair and more with time I hope they do that. While I can say I played all the saints row expect for first game and gat out hell I won’t call agents of mayhem a saints row game it’s more of a fun experiment with Gay and others as their own game. Saints row 4 played it last year may had a blast then 3 then 2 last Christmas. 2 is far by the great but pc patch is needed I run into some framerate problems, other than that I like but when you compare 2 to the others that’s when you under appreciat 3 and 4 it happened to me and I wanted to know why stuff were cut form 3 and maybe 4. For the reboot I haven’t played it yet not because of the price or the critics but more on me upgrading to a new pc to play more modern games I kinda struggle with my current pc also have to share it with a sibling. If 2 got a remastered people wouldn’t mind the reboot as much as they want to bring it down, I still feel a remastered will come but in a few years I think volition is trying to make this reboot work since it had a first impression back in last year and even if it doesn’t for some reason? It’s still a success. People say companies like rockstar games, volition or Microsoft have disappointed them over the years and goes without saying if you base your happiness on something or on someone your gonna be disappointed regardless of the change that came.

Back