Saints Row Reboot Tool (Extract/Patch)

Hey sorry for the late reply.. I keep forgetting to check back here. I'm not knowledgeable with the extracting and packing.. it's new to me thats why I'm looking to try it out. I have so many mods I want to do but it's just a waiting game for the files :)
There are still issues with repacking when it comes to the files inside the str2_pc packages. I haven't had much time to figure it out, but multiple very smart people (not me) are working on it. The way the data inside the packages is encoded, as well as how the game reads data in the packages is very complex. At least for right now though there's not much more I can do (other than what I already have) with only the information I have been able to figure out. I hope that these tools are a useful stopgap until more information can be determined, but I don't have a magic solution for making mods right now.

There are still issues with repacking when it comes to the files inside the str2_pc packages. I haven't had much time to figure it out, but multiple very smart people (not me) are working on it. The way the data inside the packages is encoded, as well as how the game reads data in the packages is very complex. At least for right now though there's not much more I can do (other than what I already have) with only the information I have been able to figure out. I hope that these tools are a useful stopgap until more information can be determined, but I don't have a magic solution for making mods right now.
LOL I'm so sorry mate, for some reason I thought the other person was asking me in a personal message lmao.. Mind went completely blank. Didn't realize it was in the comment section aha.

Mate you stay well and keep doing what you're doing my friend :)

So to repack files we simply place loose modified files in a "data_mods" folder in the roots folder and the game will read them? We don't need to repack the modified files into a vpp_pc?
1665424452590.png

So to repack files we simply place loose modified files in a "data_mods" folder in the roots folder and the game will read them? We don't need to repack the modified files into a vpp_pc?
View attachment 33731
You have to click "patch", but that's the idea (It should automatically figure out which vpp_pc archive it belongs to). Right now, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the files that are inside the `str2_pc` packages, but if it is just inside of one of the `vpp_pc` archives that should work. I know it works with the `wem_pad` audio files, but I haven't tried the lua scripts.

You have to click "patch", but that's the idea (It should automatically figure out which vpp_pc archive it belongs to). Right now, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the files that are inside the `str2_pc` packages, but if it is just inside of one of the `vpp_pc` archives that should work. I know it works with the `wem_pad` audio files, but I haven't tried the lua scripts.
From what I hear, apparently if you create a folder in data called "[whatever]_mods" pack your modified files into a VPP_PC file called "Mods.vpp_pc", and place it in the custom folder, the game should read it. Such as "sr5\data\example_mods\mod.vpp_pc"

From what I hear, apparently if you create a folder in data called "[whatever]_mods" pack your modified files into a VPP_PC file called "Mods.vpp_pc", and place it in the custom folder, the game should read it. Such as "sr5\data\example_mods\mod.vpp_pc"
You can try, but I haven't had any luck with anything like that.

Well the tool works OK but I'm unable to extract the soundbanks (ex: bd_radio_vo.bnk_pad).
The normal wem_pad extracted without a problem.
I've tried with some saints 3 & 4 tools from the forum but no luck.
Can anybody help me ?

I know this tool is no longer being worked on but are the extracted models stored anywhere? I've been trying to see if I could make some modifications/fixes to some clothing items.

Edit: Also if you don't mind me asking, how did you approach making a tool like this?

Last edited:
Back