The Super Ethical Patch 4.0 (Classic Edition)

Installing this on a fresh install get me stuck on the Online Interaction black screen..
Gog version, used loose files. Game works perfectly fine without it.

Sorry, but I have no idea what's causing this, and I'm not having any of these issues. Maybe try the loose packfile version, as it is more stable. Did you use Viper's ASM updater tool? Maybe double-check if you used the tool correctly. Or maybe check the FAQ thread to see if it's just a general SRTT problem.
I completely forgot to say that month after i found and fixed the problem myself
it was a strange lack of needed code in the 'object_indicator.str2_pc' file
i recall trying to run my game without it, which was not successful, so i compared it with the original file and finding the problem out
i don't remember what i changed exactly, but i do have the fixed file which i attach to this reply in case someone else got that problem (if you don't mind of course)

Attachments

• object_indicator.str2_pc
    11.3 KB · Views: 277
IDK why but Loose Files Edition doesn't even work, it freezing my game om startup immediately. Default version works okay tho. Note: I tried with ASM, it doesn't work for me.

I completely forgot to say that month after i found and fixed the problem myself
it was a strange lack of needed code in the 'object_indicator.str2_pc' file
i recall trying to run my game without it, which was not successful, so i compared it with the original file and finding the problem out
i don't remember what i changed exactly, but i do have the fixed file which i attach to this reply in case someone else got that problem (if you don't mind of course)
Where does the file go?

Is there an updated tutorial on how to install the mod? I'm a little lost with the files in the .rar and it crashed my game but I'm unsure if it was the installation or the mods themselves.

Is there an updated tutorial on how to install the mod? I'm a little lost with the files in the .rar and it crashed my game but I'm unsure if it was the installation or the mods themselves.

Choose either (1) or (2)

(1) [Loose file approach]
Drag everything inside 2- Loose file edition
to (steam library location)\steamapps\common\Saints Row the Third

[Optional] Delete the following 4 files (which will remove the clip editor mod but restore the waypoints and indicators)
cinema_clip_editor.str2_pc
main_menu_top.str2_pc
object_indicator.str2_pc
pause_menu_top.str2_pc

See: Clip Editor mod

(2) [Pack file approach]
Drag everything inside 1- Default (packfile)

The clip editor mod is included and waypoints and indicators are disabled.

[Optional Mods]

To install Additional homies
Drag everything inside 2- other\optional mods\Additional Homies

Is there any way to play this with the Ultimate Immersion and Gameplay Overhaul for SR3? Both seem to add different improvements (and this one has better blood decals by the look of it) but when I try merging them the game freezes on the loading screen.

Back