SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

Not sure if I mentioned this here already, but getting some Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines vibes from the reboot. Something one can see clearly has potential and loving aspects to it, but was rushed buggy out the door, most likely at publisher behest.

And I only notice this with triple, sometimes double-A games. No indie I tried/watched except for the most mechanically complex ones' is this buggy.

Feels like the publisher's want a quick release to earn , but the level of tech/complexity of a big-corp title makes coming out buggy almost a guarantee in order to achieve that goal. And for every social media type that raises a fuss, there's a silent majority that doesn't know/care and buys anyway (as Angry Joe's Madden rants often show).

Last edited:
SO I guess we can mostly agree on this, some of us like SR 4, some hate it because it deviates from the formula to a rediculous degree, yet we still think it's better then the Reboot as the characters are still fun, the gameplay is fun, a great game if you just don;t care about good story. Meanwhile the Reboot is dull, largely boring, more grounded then SR 4, but the gameplay feels largly tame, and the characters and story suck, only reason to play is the gameplay, but all this alone is not worth calling the reboot "Saints Row", many of us see it as an insult to a series whcih developed over years from a serious gang simulator to a whacky over the top crazy game series yet still had great characters and memorable gameplay and story moments the whole way through that will keep most of us preferring the old series over the new. I think I speak for most od us when I say that Volition has lost their way, going from not giving a crud what anyone says about their games, to being so Woke they toned it down and hindered the Reboot, instead of giving us real bad ass gangsters and fun characters we get Millennial or Gen Z types. Instead of becoming a gangster wanting to fight back against the enemy gangs tearing our city apart, we now go to forming a gang just to pay off student loan debt. Oh how this series has fallen. Take care everyone. Safe to say the series is dead.

I spent 1700 hours playing SR4 and would never say the reboot is boring. It's just different... like every SR game and to me it is a SR game. The biggest problem with the game is the story which is too short and kinda meh. There's no heartbreaking moments but the game is full of sitcom type of jokes that I don't understand and most of the time weren't funny to me at all.
forming a gang just to pay off student loan debt
There's a different reason they formed the gang, guess you haven't played the game yet.

The series isn't dead and the game is selling very good, I just hope the next game will have a waaaay better story tho.

I think the main campaign was too short, but I've also hit a point where I've started over and I'm just kind of puttering along and collecting and finishing way more side activities at a slow pace between missions. Like you know, I'm just gonna go do all the side hustles instead of part of them.

I beat the game in a hurry and missed a lot of stuff, but I had a good time, I wanted to avoid spoilers because people are being really aggressive about this. Taking my time through it, I like it more, but I really can't wait to see more bug fixes and content expansion plans.

Trying to not go back immediately because Hotfix 2 is on the way and I wanna enjoy more of the fixes.

Man... I wish SRR had character writing on the level of VtMB.
Not even 2 lived up to VtM:B in terms of that.
I spent 1700 hours playing SR4 and would never say the reboot is boring. It's just different... like every SR game and to me it is a SR game. The biggest problem with the game is the story which is too short and kinda meh. There's no heartbreaking moments but the game is full of sitcom type of jokes that I don't understand and most of the time weren't funny to me at all.

There's a different reason they formed the gang, guess you haven't played the game yet.

The series isn't dead and the game is selling very good, I just hope the next game will have a waaaay better story tho.

Yup. The most vocal criticisms being parroted on social media are actually the most shallow, have barely touched the game or are missing the point (like people complaining about over-the-top car/corpse physics in this over-the-top intended game, or that there isn't a green enough hair shade when custom colors are right there.)

Last edited:
Didn't that get canned recently? Or at least seriously delayed?

And there are some stinkers in Vampire the Masquerade stories/lore. Sam Haight is... really shitty.
The 2nd got canned. I'm talking about the first, which was *legendarily* buggy on launch to the point that it took unofficial patch makers over a decade to fully pave over everything, along with the game's finale being a lot more forcing of action than roleplay due to time constraints.

Back