SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

I mean, if they were gonna reboot it, I’m glad they chose new characters. The old gang? Their story is done. Le fin. Haste Luego.
*La fin.

Yeah... I love nitpicking.
Funny that you brought up CP77. I was thinking of it too. With all the updates it actually it is a good game. Maybe not quite what they promised, but it's still a good game. My guess is that you refuse to see this also.
And they should be held accountable for that. The most damning thing about CP2077 is that it was marketed as an RPG, and it ended up being an action adventure game, with very few role-playing opportunities.

I'm glad people are enjoying this game, but fuck CDPR. I had already stopped supporting them after Witcher 3 anyway.

And they should be held accountable for that. The most damning thing about CP2077 is that it was marketed as an RPG, and it ended up being an action adventure game, with very few role-playing opportunities.

I'm glad people are enjoying this game, but fuck CDPR. I had already stopped supporting them after Witcher 3 anyway.
And what exactly does "held accountable" mean in this? I mean... they had to refund thousands of copies, the game was pulled from ps store, company stock plummeted and half of the internet still hates their guts.

What more do they deserve? Being dragged to a forest and be shot or something? Would that make you happy?

Besides, if you really stopped supporting them after Witcher 3, why do you care?

The most damning thing about CP2077 is that it was marketed as an RPG
I haven't even touched CP2077 yet as I'm waiting for a Game Pass release, or for the price of the XSX to drop a bit.

But to me, the most damning thing about CP2077 was that they made it sound like the next GTA 5 competitor. "We leave greed to others" "The game will launch when it's ready", etc. And then clearly, they didn't.

And what exactly does "held accountable" mean in this? I mean... they had to refund thousands of copies, the game was pulled from ps store, company stock plummeted and half of the internet still hates their guts.

What more do they deserve? Being dragged to a forest and be shot or something? Would that make you happy?

Besides, if you really stopped supporting them after Witcher 3, why do you care?
Do I really look like some kind of sadistic monster to you, just because my comment held a tiny amount of resentment?
Yeah, I said fuck them, which isn't constructive, I'll grant you that. Can you blame me for being bitter after seeing them spit on their original fans twice in a row? I don't think so.

I think I'm rather fair to all the developers that I criticize. I mostly just point out the flaws in their products, or the anti-consumer things they do, and hope that they do better next time. I also try to tell people that they shouldn't forget a company's previous actions as soon as the hype train starts rolling. This is what I meant by "held accountable", yes the clusterfuck that was CP2077 is still vivid in everyone's memory right now, but I bet that when the first trailer for the Ciri Witcher game drops, very few people will be talking about how fucking shady the marketing for CP2077 was, and how CDPR ultimately didn't deliver the game they said they would.

Lastly, I care because I used to be really invested in these games (W1&2). This shouldn't be too hard to grasp really. Just like most of the people who still hang around these forums, even tho the last SR game they were really invested in came out a long time ago.

I haven't even touched CP2077 yet as I'm waiting for a Game Pass release, or for the price of the XSX to drop a bit.

But to me, the most damning thing about CP2077 was that they made it sound like the next GTA 5 competitor. "We leave greed to others" "The game will launch when it's ready", etc. And then clearly, they didn't.
There were many things, but yes, the fact that this game fails at being a fun GTA clone, as well as being a proper RPG really kills any interest I had for it. Looking back on the marketing campaign with insight just makes this 10x worse.

Do I really look like some kind of sadistic monster to you, just because my comment held a tiny amount of resentment?
Yeah, I said fuck them, which isn't constructive, I'll grant you that. Can you blame me for being bitter after seeing them spit on their original fans twice in a row? I don't think so.

I think I'm rather fair to all the developers that I criticize. I mostly just point out the flaws in their products, or the anti-consumer things they do, and hope that they do better next time. I also try to tell people that they shouldn't forget a company's previous actions as soon as the hype train starts rolling. This is what I meant by "held accountable", yes the clusterfuck that was CP2077 is still vivid in everyone's memory right now, but I bet that when the first trailer for the Ciri Witcher game drops, very few people will be talking about how fucking shady the marketing for CP2077 was, and how CDPR ultimately didn't deliver the game they said they would.

Lastly, I care because I used to be really invested in these games (W1&2). This shouldn't be too hard to grasp really. Just like most of the people who still hang around these forums, even tho the last SR game they were really invested in came out a long time ago.
Frankly, I have absolutely no idea what you look like so it's kind of hard to judge that. :D It was more of a general reference to the amount and style of hate they are still receiving after two years. That's what the loudest disappointed people seemingly wanted to happen.

Personally I let all that bitterness go a month after release because it only affects myself negatively and has zero effect on the target. Useless emotional baggage.

They sure fucked up with CP77 big time, but I think they've pretty much redeemed themselves with the patches. It might not be the next coming of Jesus, as they led us to believe, but it's quite a good game when you take is as what it is; an action adventure FPS. 1.6 is right around the corner.

Waiting for it to be dirt cheap is completely understandable.

Last edited:
Also, one thing that worths mention, and I forgot to do it.. Weapons doesn't pack the expected punch. Both because it's gameplay, and to some extent sounds. And using camera shaking to claim it serves to demonstrate recoil leaves so much to be desired.
Honestly, their studio is in Champaing, IL. There's several shooting/firing ranges there. Wouldn't hurt to visit one and spend some time shooting some targets.

Back