Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

If the reboot was their full focus then the SR2 patch is in deep shit... Seeing that the reboot is boring as hell and just barely playable (super cool not being able to destroy target cars, for example!) I have lost all hope for the patch.

Saints Row is dead, and I guess soon Volition will be too. Releasing boring games with braindead bullet sponge enemies one after another just isn't a viable strategy.

Of course as a staff member you'd be against anything that benefits the players :=) Saints Row 2 is a buggy piece of shit that could be made playable for free but no. No no no. Got to wait until they can reboot it and ask $99 for a special edition for a game that barely works (again).

That's if the company still exists after the latest bug-ridden piece of shit...
The way I can tell you just parrot talking points you find on Youtube, because you clearly have no clue on how game development works.

The way I can tell you just parrot talking points you find on Youtube, because you clearly have no clue on how game development works.
I don't agree with everything he said, but the state the reboot released in is a really worrying sign, as someone with a bit of familiarity with game development. In the media, it's being compared to Cyberpunk, which famously tanked CDPR's stock. I'm not saying they're going to go bankrupt or anything outrageous like that, but maybe management will want to focus on fixing the issues with the reboot for a while to restore their public image, rethink their development strategy for the inevitable sequel to prevent something like this happening again, etc. Anything related to the SR2 patch will be put on the back burner, so to speak, and hopefully not be forgotten about, but definitely not an active priority either since it would only improve their image with older fans who won't impact their bottom line very much. And I understand that this is being worked on off company time, but the one guy working on it is probably burnt out from last-minute crunch and will probably have to continue working hard to fix the reboot quickly due to these underlying issues. Just a bit of conjecture based on my understanding of the situation.

Hey does anyone have a recent update on the progress/state of this pc patch I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find any recent update, thanks :)

Hey does anyone have a recent update on the progress/state of this pc patch I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find any recent update, thanks :)
The current state of it is still that it is being worked on by a small team on their own free time. Their main focus was on the new game, and the team is still most likely focused on patching the plenty bugs, and creating future content for the game.

I don't agree with everything he said, but the state the reboot released in is a really worrying sign, as someone with a bit of familiarity with game development. In the media, it's being compared to Cyberpunk, which famously tanked CDPR's stock. I'm not saying they're going to go bankrupt or anything outrageous like that, but maybe management will want to focus on fixing the issues with the reboot for a while to restore their public image, rethink their development strategy for the inevitable sequel to prevent something like this happening again, etc. Anything related to the SR2 patch will be put on the back burner, so to speak, and hopefully not be forgotten about, but definitely not an active priority either since it would only improve their image with older fans who won't impact their bottom line very much. And I understand that this is being worked on off company time, but the one guy working on it is probably burnt out from last-minute crunch and will probably have to continue working hard to fix the reboot quickly due to these underlying issues. Just a bit of conjecture based on my understanding of the situation.

I think volition is fucked, really. What, you think after the past... four, five games have sank to the bottom of the ocean floor in terms of sales?

To anyone asking for the remaster
1662208240983.png

1662208505761.png

sorry i gotta be a bit rude but breaking news! remastering/remaking a 14 year old game would be expensive and time consuming! that's why such a feat has never been achieved befo- no wait companies do it all the time don't they, huh, weird

why do random V devs' opinions on this really matter when the decision is not up to them and Volition would not work on it anyways if it happened to get greenlit. it's all up to Deep Silver, although i'm sure the answer there as well is a resounding no because they're too busy trying to figure out how to rerelease srtt on a waffle maker or something

sorry i gotta be a bit rude but breaking news! remastering/remaking a 14 year old game would be expensive and time consuming! that's why such a feat has never been achieved befo- no wait companies do it all the time don't they, huh, weird

why do random V devs' opinions on this really matter when the decision is not up to them and Volition would not work on it anyways if it happened to get greenlit. it's all up to Deep Silver, although i'm sure the answer there as well is a resounding no because they're too busy trying to figure out how to rerelease srtt on a waffle maker or something
Personally I'm of the opinion that an amazing remake of Saints Row 2 is the way to go. New characters, deeper story, more exciting weapons, etc. I think it would really sell.

Then when it's done, they could remake the original in the same way. They could call it Saints Row (2024).

Well... Embracer Group controls everything. It depends if they are willing to spend some millions in tasking Volition to pull some thing like that.

Back