SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

This, it isn't as bad as everyone is crying and screaming, but it isn't a masterpiece either. I mean, it's maybe a 68 - 69 at Best, kinda average but you can have fun even with all the terrible technical issues and the horrible story, and i got to admit i am having fun. I noticed the Boss has this Wanna be Badass attitude like the SR2 Boss, just no where near as cool or aggressive as the Original Boos. But yeah, get it only if it's on sale.
Yeah, I kind of skipped the technical issue part since it's been heavily addressed already. At least they're doing their best (i hope) to fix them. Haven't seen bugged takedown animations since the last hotfix.

This one's gonna be a bit scatter-shot and stream of consciousness, but here it goes...

I quite like it even if the bugs (especially with coop) are inexcusable, the new crew do not speak 100% in quips (and the story allows itself to let dramatic moments be dramatic) which makes them quite tolerable to me. I also quite like the story and I feel people have serious nostalgia blinders about the past games' stories (with the obvious exception of 2).

I also feel like the new crew are composites of old characters:
Gat+SR2 Shaundi = Kev
Pierce+Dane Vogel = Eli
Kinzey+Donnie(?)= Neenah

With the radio, I'm somewhat bothered by the lack of distinct tracks but I also understand the reasoning, they had to fill it with streamer friendly songs or else the radio would not work at all for them. And like 3 and 4, despite the unknown tracks several of those grew on me and I wish they'd put out more of the stations on Spotify.

I also feel like a lot of the gripes initially raised (low NPC traffic, no soul) are clearly wrong if someone were to simply be patient and give some of the questlines (Like Cutting Edge and everything with the Dustmoot) a chance.

Last edited:
With the radio, I'm somewhat bothered by the lack of distinct tracks but I also understand the reasoning, they had to fill it with streamer friendly songs or else the radio would not work at all for them. And like 3 and 4, despite the unknown tracks several of those grew on me and I wish they'd put out more of the stations on Spotify.
I mean, they do have a streamer mode. They also have access to an endless supply of literally free songs.
They could have put some dough into getting some bangers, while also stocking up with hundreds of streaming songs.

I mean, they do have a streamer mode. They also have access to an endless supply of literally free songs.
They could have put some dough into getting some bangers, while also stocking up with hundreds of streaming songs.
Yeah, a Kevin McLeod station would have both worked and been a fitting joke.

I'm having a pretty good time, I think if there's anything I'm disappointed in its maybe just that some features aren't working as intended yet.

I'm hoping that when modding tools roll out I can get under the hood on weapons like I used to, as is most of the selection is fine. I think the Stagecoach and Safari rifle are swapped weapon model wise, as their stats seem wonky. None of your weapon customization saves anways, waiting on that to get fixed.

Anyways, I've hit like 40ish hours, beat the game, doing some side stuff to get a better feel for what unlocks what. Once its running more smoothly I cannnot wait to do a second playthrough.

I'm having a pretty good time, I think if there's anything I'm disappointed in its maybe just that some features aren't working as intended yet.

I'm hoping that when modding tools roll out I can get under the hood on weapons like I used to, as is most of the selection is fine. I think the Stagecoach and Safari rifle are swapped weapon model wise, as their stats seem wonky. None of your weapon customization saves anways, waiting on that to get fixed.

Anyways, I've hit like 40ish hours, beat the game, doing some side stuff to get a better feel for what unlocks what. Once its running more smoothly I cannnot wait to do a second playthrough.
An insane amount is tucked away in the side-stuff and empire-building, including classic activities like Mayhem.

Last edited:
So here's my honest opinion about the game

I really like it.

The gameplay feels a lot like SRTT and that's good. I'm glad there's no superpowers and the abilities are optional so I barely use them. The enemies are bullet sponges but headshots are very satisfying and the combat in general is good, rolling to avoid snipers or melee attacks is great but I'm still not a big fan of the healing system. There was a moment I was cornered with 50 enemies with 1 health bar with no chance to "heal" myself. The driving is finally amazing. I'm playing on PC with keyboard and mouse, driving on a keyboard in all previous games was a horrible experience unless you modded vehicle handling files to improve it. They made it better in AoM but in this SR it's finally perfect to me and drifitning is so dope. There's a lot of side activities that are completely new or old but improved (like the insurance fraud) and I enjoy them. There's also a lot of collectables, some side stuff that tells you whole Santo Ileso history is great, a lot of interesting places, secrets and easter eggs. I'm so fucking happy the city isn't another bunch of islands located in some ocean in the middle of nowhere. I love we finally got some empty spaces, deserts, old towns, lakes, rivers, mountains we can visit and spend some time taking cool and nice pics. The city itself is nice too. I like the downtown area is a very crowded where the areas outside of it are less.

The story... oh boy. I started my second playthrough 2 days ago (because my first one was very rushed due to health problems) and I still have mixed feelings. Kevin, Eli and Neenah feels like Gat, Pierce and Shaundi. Their personalities are very similar imo. But they are well written. I like interactions between them. They do dumb things but they are students, students do dumb things. I'm not gonna talk a lot about the story I have a feeling it was a bit too short, was positive, not very serious but not super dumb either, I liked it but it's not perfect. The missions were great but there was one thing that bothered me: I'm not sure if it's a bug or what but... lack of music during missions. There were some "epic" moments with literally only silence or just weapon sounds. I'm not saying there was no music at all but sometimes there was nothing. Speaking of music: the radio stations are ok but in my second playthrough I muted the music completely and launched Spotify. It feels like there's not enough songs for every station and most of them are very meh to me... sorry.

The customization is bad... good... I don't know. I hate being forced to use presets and then edit them because they didn't gave us more sliders. The CC is improved and downgraded at the same time: new face options but less sliders, you can change teeth color but you can't change nails color, etc. Layered clothing is back but it's also limited like you can't wear a jacket with a dress. And the whole CC is hella bugged like holy shity. I'm literally always scared when I buy something new for my character. Selecting any item can break the stuff your OCs wearing: can set default colors of your items, remove them completely or replace with something you didn't even buy (happens usually with bra and underwear). The bugs are so annoying that I usually don't buy anything new lol. Gun, vehicle customization is perefect, I love but the character one... it needs to be fixed.

So yea. Like I said the game's good imo. I wasn't super hyped for it, I'm also not an OG fan and I tried to avoid as many gamplay videos/trailers as I could so I don't feel disappointed at all. The game has a lot of technical issues but I hope they all will be fixed.

Back