SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

They were never going to de-canonize Saints Row the Third or Saints Row IV. That was made abundantly clear. If anything, some of the Loyalty missions in Saint Row IV aka Gat and Shaundi was the devs realizing they kinda made a goof and tried to fix things up the best way they could without ruining the new continuity they created.

Now, Saints Row IV could’ve been the Boss waking up in Steelport from a fever dream that Earth was attacked by aliens, then deciding he wanted to secure the biggest crib of all: the White House itself. And the gangs would’ve been literal government institutions. THAT would’ve been hilarious and grounded.

They were never going to de-canonize Saints Row the Third or Saints Row IV. That was made abundantly clear. If anything, some of the Loyalty missions in Saint Row IV aka Gat and Shaundi was the devs realizing they kinda made a goof and tried to fix things up the best way they could without ruining the new continuity they created.

Now, Saints Row IV could’ve been the Boss waking up in Steelport from a fever dream that Earth was attacked by aliens, then deciding he wanted to secure the biggest crib of all: the White House itself. And the gangs would’ve been literal government institutions. THAT would’ve been hilarious and grounded.
I find it mind-blowing that for whatever reason Volition felt the best course of action would be to replace the characters we've known and loved for 10+ years now with a bunch of college incels.

Oh well, maybe the DLC is great or something.

I find it mind-blowing that for whatever reason Volition felt the best course of action would be to replace the characters we've known and loved for 10+ years now with a bunch of college incels.

Do you actually know what incel means? 🤔

I mean... only Eli might fit that description and that's a hard maybe.

I’m…pretty sure they’re the exact opposite of incels.

Incels are typically men who are hostile toward women and hate the idea that women dare think for themselves.

Kevin and Eli? They may rib Neenah here and there, but from what I’ve seen they genuinely care and respect her. Even our character to a certain degree.

Eli, from what I’ve seen so far, isn’t an incel. He’s power-hungry and has a borderline ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude about everyone not his crew but…that’s about it.

I’m…pretty sure they’re the exact opposite of incels.

Incels are typically men who are hostile toward women and hate the idea that women dare think for themselves.

Kevin and Eli? They may rib Neenah here and there, but from what I’ve seen they genuinely care and respect her. Even our character to a certain degree.

Eli, from what I’ve seen so far, isn’t an incel. He’s power-hungry and has a borderline ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude about everyone not his crew but…that’s about it.
The incel part was (mostly) a joke. The point being that they look like almost any 3 college kids. Not people that would join a gang and start killing people in cold blood.

Gat was crazy as hell since day 1. And he definitely felt like a gang member.

The incel part was (mostly) a joke. The point being that they look like almost any 3 college kids. Not people that would join a gang and start killing people in cold blood.

I agree with you there. These folks feel like kids you see at a Starbucks working on their college thesis. The Nahualli and Sergio feel more like a credible gang.

Yes, the whole premise of the game is absolutely redonkulous. How one decides to respond to it is what divides people.

To me it falls under the "so damn stupid it's funny" category. Even the dialogue, in my opinion, is really funny at times. A random pedestrian just yelled "I don't have enough middle fingers for this bullshit" at me and I totally lost it. The game definitely has its moments.

I suppose the game could've not been called Saints Row and the reception would most likely be helluva more positive but it is what it is. We're stuck with this shit and personally I just hope for proper modding tools so the community can use and abuse what potential lies beneath the surface.

I dunno about you, but I think sequels should be clear upgrades over their predecessors. SR2022 is essentially Crackdown 3 all over again. Was that a sequel to Crackdown 2 with some of the same activities? Yes, but it's hardly an improvement, is it? In the same way, SR2022 has some of the stuff of SR3 yet it somehow manages to be worse in almost every measurable way.

Most people wanted an SR2.5 and I fail to understand why they didn't give us that. Just make another sequel to SR2 and ignore SR3 and there you go!

Hence why it's getting absolutely destroyed by the critics:
View attachment 33065
View attachment 33067
View attachment 33066
Yeah, game failed even for the critics, ironically the critics were the crowd Volition tried to please in 1st place...
As we speak right now, the user score ratings on metacritic is a bloodbath. it's red all over the place.

Xbox Series X
1661778000147.png

PlayStation 5
1661778042988.png

PC
1661778072524.png

Yep. On SR2 he cranked that up to eleven after Aisha's death. Him delivering a beatdown on Shogo in tranquil fury while The Boss returned to his SR1 quiet self for that moment speaks volumes.

I agree with you there. These folks feel like kids you see at a Starbucks working on their college thesis. The Nahualli and Sergio feel more like a credible gang.
Exactly. Since the day the 1st trailer dropped, people were saying that. The Panteros were more fit for the role of Saints, thus being protagonists, than the crew Volition decided to christen as the Saints.
Volition attempting to make the crew believable by giving The Boss a Mercenary/PMC experience at the beginning makes things worse.

Last edited:

That's actually the point. The two that fit the 'gang' background is Boss and Neehna.

And I bet if Neehna had been a hyper masculine dude, people would complain that the character was a poor Gat replacement.

1661784954484.png

This seems to be a bit more fair for the Playstation 5.

1661785002452.png

And I believe you actually have to own it to review it in the Epic Store. Which puts this closer to 75 percent.

Really, what I'm getting from this is that unless Gat, Shaundi and Pierce came back, "it was a shit game" and you can ignore anything else that is said. Because we need to pander to 20+ year old stereotypes and not move a franchise forward.

I'm finally playing the game on xbox. The animations are great, graphics are good too. I didn't had any bugs until exactly 4 hours in. One npc disappeared in front of my eyes after asking me to leave a review to some store. Also while driving the game just stopped rendering and i was stuck there without being able to move on my car for like 30 seconds, then the engine decided it had enough of a break and continued working. This has happened twice while just exploring outside missions.

So i took a break and shut down the game. And half hour later i launched the game and all seemed fine. but i couldn't use any weapon, like they were missing completely. I was really confused, i thought i lost them and i was genuinely asking myself how that happened, then my after like 5 minutes they just came back. I noticed my character was holding and invisible assault, so they were sort of there... And slowly one by one started being rendered in game. It was so weird!

Another issue i been getting is that sometimes sound effects just stop working, like i can't hear my weapons when they fire, or when doing one of those finishers moves, they are completely silent. And it's so random, but happens often.

The game it's not as bad as i thought tho, but still i can't connect to these characters, I've never feelt so disconnected from a character in a video game. It's like they literally hate gen-x , making shitty commets how shitty the 80's were... Ugh it's really rough in that regard. Totally not a fan of the story.

For the moment i am avoiding the main missions, just sticking to exploring and finding those stashes of drug or whatever they are while taking photos of the areas and finding thrash dive-ins. It's fun there.

Regarding the combat and weapons, the new melee system feels slow and very very different. The guns have quite a big area of "spray", of every 10 bullets i shot only like 3 or 4 are actually hitting enemies. Kinda wierd, but not quite bad either it's just very different. I remember doing headshot like 80-90 % of the time in SR2 and SR3.

So I'm kinda liking the game, it sort of feels like SR2 and the same time SR4. The city is not as empty as i seen in gameplay videos, i have seen npc's all over the map doing all kinds of stuff and minding their business. It really feels ALIVE, But the AI on the other side, it's incredibly stupid. Like seriously! They just blindly run indefinitely... For a 2022 title, the AI is not on par with other games and overall extremely dumb. Heck even Oblivion had smarter npc's doing all kinds of unpredictable wacky shit. After RDR2 i been spoiled, I need npc's to at least react at on par with GTA4, as i remember seeing driving npc's dropping garbage from their window into the street, comenting on all the stuff Niko was doing or police chasing criminals on the streets and if they catch them, they would call for a backup unit and drive off with the criminal, or even firemen taking out fires or medics acutally helping down civilians and taking them on the ambulance. These completely devoid of ai npc's just running away don't cut it for me anymore.

Last edited:
Back