SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

1659988424427.png

Source: https://playersupport.kochmedia.com/hc/en-us/articles/5439648185117-System-Requirements

Seems older PCs will be able to play the game only up to full HD (1920 x 1080) and on maximum Medium graphic settings. For playing on 1. graphic details higher than Medium or 2. playing on resolution 1440p (2560 x 1440) or 4K the game will requires very powerful, and pretty recent hardware, especially for those playing at 4K (3840 x 2160)...

I don't understand...

If a game is designed with older PC models in mind... Then surely that limits the amount of "Next Gen" level of detail they can put into it...

So yeah, the game might not be playable on older PCs with older versions of Windows... But at least that means the game is gonna look great, run great, and feel great... Because it's designed for the newer PCs with higher specs...

So I'm not quite sure what this is about...

Is it just that some people don't like to upgrade their PCs?

So they stick with older versions of Windows, and older specs, then they complain when new games come out for next gen specs, and wonder why they're getting left behind?

Is that not like saying:

"They just released a new game for the Xbox Series X, but they didn't make it compatible with my Atari. Why do they keep leaving us out?"

As technology grows, the older models get left behind.

Phones, Consoles, PCs, TVs...

They still exist and are usable, but... they're mainly kept around for nostalgic purposes.

I miss The Simpsons Game on Xbox 360, but evey 360 we owned just kept dying in odd ways. So I got an Xbox One, but unfortunately The Simpsons Game is not backwards compatible... I'll miss it, but it got left behind.

Or is it that your Windows 7 can only handle medium settings? Because the "Medium" is in reference to what the Windows 10 can handle... So "Maximum" is what Windows 10 can handle, the lower settings, "Medium", "Minimum", are there for the older Windows versions. If those options weren't there, then the game wouldn't be playable at all on Windows 7... At least I think that's how it works.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just trying to understand why people are unhappy that Saints Row is designed for high specs, high quality, and smooth gameplay... Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Last edited:
Hope it can run on Steam Deck. Lower resolution and details won't be as distracting on a small screen after all.

I am guessing these last few days they will go crazy with different trailers to gather hype. I am so excited its like days are going so slowly now

Back