SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

I understand not wanting to buy it or play it, but it's really weird how SOME people are destined to make sure this game fails by review bombing, openly trashing the game, and things of that nature. At that point you went from being a fan to being an obsessive baby who's upset that they didn't get what they want. Very much elementary school behavior.

There's a well-known individual on Twitter's Saints Row community who keeps using his account to dump on the game. I mean, look, if you don't want it, don't play it but why waste your time talking about it?

There are plenty of games I don't like. What do I do? I simply don't play them. I don't think about them. I don't waste my time talking trash about them.

These guys somehow made me hyped with the announcement of going back to gangsta, flatlining my hype with that first trailer, making me hyped for it again with the Boss Factory and then flatlining it AGAIN by actually showing gameplay and footage of the story. Yeaaah, I'm not excited and by fuck am I pre-ordering

@Beyonce @TheBlueGuys Okay I tried to reply calmly and respectfully without personal attacks but it seems you two don't give a fuck about that so why should I.
Feels nice that you immediately take me for some dumbass hater with a massive hate boner for simply sharing a negative opinion that you disagree with and dislike, and that somehow makes ME the "obsessive baby" with "elementary school behavior". Fucking lol, you guys should really look in the mirror. You come across as blind fanboys/fangirls who are hyper positive about the game just because it's Saints Row, and go around attacking anyone with a different opinion than yours because fuck them how dare they. Not even a morsel of nuance.
Or is it my usage of naughty words that made you believe I'm just trashing the game for the sake of it? Nah, that's just how I talk in general, use them to emphasize and express pain, don't take it all that seriously.

This thread is literally for sharing opinions, so tough shit better get used to it. Otherwise why are you even here? To stroke your confirmation bias?
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I "waste my time talking about it" probably because I love the fucking franchise, I played a ton of SR2, SR3, and even a bit of SR4 and GOH and you won't believe this but I actually want this game to be good, especially after 4 and GOH. That's also why I'm being critical with it, if I didn't give a toss about any of it I would not be making these long ass fucking replies in the first place. It's not really the game that I don't like but the way they're treating it judging from what they've shown so far.
And for me it's just not enough. But if it is for you, that's cool, good for you. Enjoy. I'll just wait and see how it turns out, but won't hold my breath.

Also, I rarely review games (I wrote like 2 reviews in my life) let alone review bomb them, I don't have the time nor the interest to waste on setting up bots or whatever those base-dwelling losers are using.
A lot of times though review bombing, however shitty it is, in reality, is angry fans/costumers who feel cheated by the devs of a particular game, who either failed to deliver on their promises or didn't give the fans what they wanted. Yes, that's how you make money, by catering to your fans/customers, giving them what they want/expect of you, especially with an established franchise. Artistic freedom is one thing, completely disregarding your fans, your paying customers is another entirely, and is quite fucking idiotic.
So it might be wiser to instead of just simply writing them down as "obsessive babies"/trolls, maybe first look into why the review bombing is happening at all, then act accordingly. Without bitching and moaning about it. Unprofessional.
As a pretty good example, although not quite a video game, take a look at the first Sonic movie. Fans were outraged by the shitty godawful first design of Sonic, the directors listened and changed it, and the movie was pretty well received. Which was as far as I know, unheard of in the movie industry until now.

Most negative comments aren't negative because they're just blindly hating on the game, but because people are disappointed with what they are being served.
Something to think about instead of trashing the fans/(potential) customers and ending up alienating and turning them away.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Look, we can all agree that Voliton fucked up the marketing. Big time. That damn wall made me think we’d be getting something akin to Saints Row 1-2. And we got this. Even I wasn’t a big fan of it. I didn’t even realize it was supposed to be a Saints Row game until the literal end of the trailer. I figured it was a spin-off with clear homages to Saints Row.

And I’ve been there — where I felt like I was cheated by a videogame company. Age of Calamity was marketed as a prequel to Zelda: Breath of the Wild until the game turned out to be a plotline ripped straight from The Terminator series. Fallout 76‘s initial trailer made many fans, including me, think this was another standalone Fallout game until they revealed it was going to be an online multiplayer.

Believe me, I know what it’s like. It sucks. Y’all have the right to be mad about it. They implied it’d be one thing, but then it turned out to be something completely different. Especially when the new trio look kind of, well, dorky and dweeby. A shirtless DJ, a dude with poor fashion sense, and Boss and Neenah looking like people you’d find in a coffee shop working on their college thesis. None of them scream ‘tough, badass, scary gangsters’.

To go from the tough badasses we saw in the original series to this must be pretty jarring. And the fact that the plot seems to be, ‘Let’s create a gang to pay off our loans so we don’t get evicted!’ is… Well, let’s just say they could’ve thought this a bit better. Here, let me try:

Neenah, a member of the Panteros, became disillusioned and left the gang following the murder of her mother and baby brother at the cruel hands of the Panteros Boss. With a thirst for revenge, she discovers a kinship with an unlikely source, a crazed psycho who escaped the Santo Illeso jail. With her brain and the psycho’s brawn, the duo become the foundation of what would become the Third Street Saints.

This likely would be a far more compelling story hook than what we have. It’s got all the typical criminal stuff there: gangs, revenge, a crazy nut bag with a penchant for violence, etc. Hell, the prologue could even be us controlling Neenah for a few missions, ending with her discovering her home on fire with her family trapped in there, then Chapter One is when we customize our Psycho and escape from jail…

And now I’m about to craft an entire story arc in this post xD But more to the point: would you be more willing to play a game with the story summary I just wrote? I know I definitely would.

Last edited:
That's pretty much how I feel about it. Will try it out for the gameplay, and if the story somehow ends up being decent, awesome. If not, I guess I'll just skip everything and focus on the gameplay, unless they manage to screw that up as well. And from what I'm reading, it seems to be a bit even worse than their previous games with the camera and other stuff. But hopefully they'll fix all that before release.

And not gonna lie that little intro story you made sounded way more engaging and interesting than the drivel we've got so far. You should apply to be a writer on the team. 😂

Neenah, a member of the Panteros, became disillusioned and left the gang following the murder of her mother and baby brother at the cruel hands of the Panteros Boss. With a thirst for revenge, she discovers a kinship with an unlikely source, a crazed psycho who escaped the Santo Illeso jail. With her brain and the psycho’s brawn, the duo become the foundation of what would become the Third Street Saints.
Ill be honest, this is what I was always expecting to happen since I first found out that Neenah was part of Los Panteros.

But... Boss, Neenah, Eli, and Kevin do consider themselves to be a family, and as soon as the Panteros cause Eli to bleed out, Neenah immediately quits the Panteros and is looking to get revenge... So the revenge driven story is still in there... It's just not quite as dramatic as it could have been.

Definitely not even close to Lin, Aisha, or Carlos.

Last edited:
@Beyonce @TheBlueGuys Okay I tried to reply calmly and respectfully without personal attacks but it seems you two don't give a fuck about that so why should I.
Feels nice that you immediately take me for some dumbass hater with a massive hate boner for simply sharing a negative opinion that you disagree with and dislike, and that somehow makes ME the "obsessive baby" with "elementary school behavior". Fucking lol, you guys should really look in the mirror. You come across as blind fanboys/fangirls who are hyper positive about the game just because it's Saints Row, and go around attacking anyone with a different opinion than yours because fuck them how dare they. Not even a morsel of nuance.
Or is it my usage of naughty words that made you believe I'm just trashing the game for the sake of it? Nah, that's just how I talk in general, use them to emphasize and express pain, don't take it all that seriously.

This thread is literally for sharing opinions, so tough shit better get used to it. Otherwise why are you even here? To stroke your confirmation bias?
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

I "waste my time talking about it" probably because I love the fucking franchise, I played a ton of SR2, SR3, and even a bit of SR4 and GOH and you won't believe this but I actually want this game to be good, especially after 4 and GOH. That's also why I'm being critical with it, if I didn't give a toss about any of it I would not be making these long ass fucking replies in the first place. It's not really the game that I don't like but the way they're treating it judging from what they've shown so far.
And for me it's just not enough. But if it is for you, that's cool, good for you. Enjoy. I'll just wait and see how it turns out, but won't hold my breath.

Also, I rarely review games (I wrote like 2 reviews in my life) let alone review bomb them, I don't have the time nor the interest to waste on setting up bots or whatever those base-dwelling losers are using.
A lot of times though review bombing, however shitty it is, in reality, is angry fans/costumers who feel cheated by the devs of a particular game, who either failed to deliver on their promises or didn't give the fans what they wanted. Yes, that's how you make money, by catering to your fans/customers, giving them what they want/expect of you, especially with an established franchise. Artistic freedom is one thing, completely disregarding your fans, your paying customers is another entirely, and is quite fucking idiotic.
So it might be wiser to instead of just simply writing them down as "obsessive babies"/trolls, maybe first look into why the review bombing is happening at all, then act accordingly. Without bitching and moaning about it. Unprofessional.
As a pretty good example, although not quite a video game, take a look at the first Sonic movie. Fans were outraged by the shitty godawful first design of Sonic, the directors listened and changed it, and the movie was pretty well received. Which was as far as I know, unheard of in the movie industry until now.

Most negative comments aren't negative because they're just blindly hating on the game, but because people are disappointed with what they are being served.
Something to think about instead of trashing the fans/(potential) customers and ending up alienating and turning them away.

Have a nice day.
I'm not reading all of that, because I didn't even attack you 😭😭😭

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
With every game there comes some trouble
But when you fight you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry

We got a dispute on this forum
So I wrote this melody for 'em
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say Neenah's rent is nigh
She may have to rob some guy
Don't worry, be happy

Oh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no lake
Ain't got no Kev to make you cake
Don't worry, be happy
When you start these forum brawls
Observers are like flies on walls
So don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

So there, is this song I wrote
I hope you loved it note for note
So, don't worry, be happy
Now listen to what I said,
With every game there comes some trouble
But when you fight you make it double
But don't worry, be happy, be happy now
don't worry
don't worry
don't worry, don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, don't do it, be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) put a smile in your face
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't bring everybody down like this
don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) it will soon pass, whatever it is
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) I'm not worried, I'm happy

PS: please don't take this seriously... It just popped into my head, and I couldn't resist typing it up.

Last edited:
I will preorder the game on Epic Games someday soon, but only the basic version without the season pass. If the game ended up being good, then I will get the "complete edition" on Steam a year later.

Like with all SR episodes, I will probably try to enjoy it as much as possible. Call me biaised but I see no harm in trying to enjoy things for what they are. I won't spend hours of my finite lifespan to rip a game to shreds and write dismissive comments about it. Especially if I expect it to be bad. That's why I stopped playing David Cage games years ago after all.

If SRR turns out to be a shitty game, then I will uninstall it halfway through and move on with my life.

Back