SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

I've played SR2 on release (yes, I'm that old) because my friend told me "hey, play this, it's a San Andreas clone" and I played it and loved it even if it was a 10 fps gameplay (shitty port + shitty PC). Then I played, TT, IV, Gooh... and I would never call myself an OG fan because I love every SR game. I have to admit tho I wasn't very hyped for the reboot but the closer to the release the more excited I am. I watched some gameplays/reviews and I know THIS IS A SAINTS ROW GAME AND I WANT TO PLAY IT. Maybe it's not a SR game for everyone but for me personally it is.

Why would a modernised game set in modern times use outdated forms of communication? It just wouldn't make sense.
Because it's what was advertised.

Look, I get why they included this diversion, it fits with the overall theme of the game. I'm just saying that this theme as a whole is flawed.

I'm not saying tagging doesn't exist anymore, but if you think about it... Where are you expressing your opinions and views on this game right now? On this site, not on the wall of a building.
I'm not against modernization, or it's representation in fiction. I just don't like the "influencer" culture, and the way it's presented in this game. I believe there were other ways for this game to feel different from the previous ones, if this is what Volition wanted.

Poison Ivy... That's all I'm gonna say.
Sorry, I don't see the correlation.

Uhh, what about all the rappers that were in the gang before becoming famous? Snoop Dogg was literally in the crips and then he became famous and made a cooking show with Martha Stewart
Snoop Dogg had already served his time when he became famous, he wasn't a wanted criminal. Unlike the protagonists of the new game.

Idk what you mean by this, the objective of the game is to take out the Marshall, the game ends with them being gone.
In the previous games you could still interact with the gangs, even after 100%ing them. Mostly through activities and diversions, but also in the open world. I suspect it will be the same with this one.

Which doesn't really change much when the gangs don't use their over the top gadgets until you engage in combat with them. Nobody's really forcing you to engage with them, the world is pretty realistic until all shit breaks loose.
With the Marshalls looking goofy af, and the cops looking pretty lackluster, that doesn't leave me with a whole lot of other options :/

"Because it's what was advertised."
When and where exactly was Tagging ever confirmed to be in the game?

"Look, I get why they included this diversion, it fits with the overall theme of the game. I'm just saying that this theme as a whole is flawed."
Not sure I quite understand why this theme is flawed, but ok.

"I'm not against modernization, or it's representation in fiction. I just don't like the "influencer" culture, and the way it's presented in this game."
Well I guess that's fair enough. Everyone has their own likes & dislikes. (btw Subscribe and Comment below for more content)

"I believe there were other ways for this game to feel different from the previous ones, if this is what Volition wanted."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is what Volition had in mind, I just think that certain people are just misinterpreting Volition's sense of humour for them being "woke", when it comes to poking fun at certain aspects of society's evolution
The hybrid car thing is also a good one. Most criminals are inherently selfish. Why tf would a gang member who robs and kills would choose to limit himself in his choice of vehicle? Why would he care about the future of humanity when he doesn't even care about fellow human beings?
Poison Ivy is a criminal who kills people and assists in robberies, but she never abandons her environmentalist morals. She would never drive a gas guzzling bulldozer through a forest just to take a shortcut.

And uh... Who do you think poisoned the planet in the first place... "Humans"... So of course Eli can kill people as a criminal, but still care about the environment.

But the main point is... All these new features are in the game, not because Volition think they are "hip" or "trending"... They're in the game because it's something Volition can playfully mock and have fun with, turning them into interactive features/references in the game.

One such example right here:
Idol Icon: What even is real in a late-stage capitalist digital economy?

Last edited:
I playing Saints row started in 2014 started with IV and then 3... and then 2 And Saints row videos recommend that and love it.. knowing this modding forums when zilla introduce it in GotR so i playing that in Back numbers.. so far SR2 is my favorite because facial expression,the pronouns that makes me interested... For the first time i though"WTH is this Saints row the gta clone?" I realize nope the superior of gta games

I've played SR2 on release (yes, I'm that old) because my friend told me "hey, play this, it's a San Andreas clone" and I played it and loved it even if it was a 10 fps gameplay (shitty port + shitty PC). Then I played, TT, IV, Gooh... and I would never call myself an OG fan because I love every SR game. I have to admit tho I wasn't very hyped for the reboot but the closer to the release the more excited I am. I watched some gameplays/reviews and I know THIS IS A SAINTS ROW GAME AND I WANT TO PLAY IT. Maybe it's not a SR game for everyone but for me personally it is.
Maybe its not saints row game we wanted and also Car customization that catch my eyes...the rest of it maybe just like SRTT... I just hope just release the patch already so this forum will be crowded like back then since we need a lot more new modder like mayhem can see through chunk map sr2.

Probably i will not use wingsuits more often i saw it that makes the aircraft looks pointless

No more patterns or logos for clothes,no more hat wear options like in the sr2, no more tucked untucked options, lowering pants, having dirty or clean versions, no more gender or race selection, wrists and rings are not combinable, no more pendants, less clothing items for the demo at least, they dont have sliders for many options and you had to choose between presets, layered clothing is fk up like when you choose you tie color and wear another cloth on it ll turn back to orginal color so you have to gave up on the colors you choose for layered clothin. I dont remember anything else , these are the things i remember for now.
lmao thought you meant from the reboot. All this was removed in 3 onwards and yet you dont seem to hate those ones. clothing in the reboot is said to be fixed, so we shall see but in all honesty man if your not gonna play the damn game then just move on. if its not for you then its not for you. Dont rag on all of us who DO wanna play the game. Lets us "waste our money" and play the"woke" saints row.

Now would ya kindly have a nice day

Serious talK guys, we really need to keep fighting about the new SR? I´m not that interested on the game truly and i have my reasons, but just looking into small stuff ingame to keep talking trash and the discussions from here to there between groups it´s getting too old too fast dude, let the people enjoy the game as they like and lets try to keep this ´separate groups of fans´ behind of us, we all are fans of SR, some like more the new other the old but it´s okey, not needed all the toxicity that there has been. :eek:

now i´m gonna return to the void

Back