SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Insider info... Volition doesn't have any other SR games planned. They're working on the reboot, they need to fix SR2 and you think they would make one more game for OG fans? Nope.
And they've been very transparent about that too.

Also, I do hope we get another cast interview today. It'll be a great way to give some people insight on the voices and hopefully provide some more hope because I really do like the voice options!

I'm a bit late to make a comment on the game, but thought I would share some thoughts on it since I've recently tried out the Boss Factory.

I would simply like to express that I'm excited for the new saints row. It will be nice to finally play a new entry in the series. While I'll miss the old crew, I really feel like the series had reached it's end, both from a narrative and gameplay perspective, and a reboot was pretty much necessary for it to not turn into some kind of space game or time-travelling game. I vastly preferred the more grounded but still funny gameplay of SR2 (my favorite) and 3 to the completely insane stuff in SR4. So based on what I've seen so far the reboot looks great!

I'm really looking forwards to exploring Santo Ileso and the surrounding desert as I've always loved the aesthetics of the American south-west, and it is also interesting to have a SR world that isn't surrounded by water.

Looking forwards to learning even more about the new crew and the story of the game. I'm also hoping that they've put a lot of effort into making the world feel alive with NPC's that react to their environment and do interesting things, instead of just aimlessly wandering around.

I tried the boss factory last weekend and I'm so happy to see that the character creator is better than it was in SR3 and 4. Reminds me a lot of SR2's creator even though it doesn't have all the same features. While I don't mind the preset system for face parts, I do however agree with other people saying that there could have been a few more sliders. I don't see why we couldn't have had both the preset-face-part-system and more sliders. I can immediately think of a few sliders I felt were missing: eye and brow angles, different height for middle and sides of the mouth, scale upper and lower lip independently, etc.

Not sure if this is the right place to give this feedback (Don't know if any devs from Volition are reading this thread), but I have a few ideas on how the creator could be improved that I think could be fairly easy to implement:

- For some reason you can not set a custom color for non-standard eyes, only the normal eyes have this option. Don't know if this is a bug or the way it is meant to be.

- They had a large selection of body hair, but all of them seemed to oriented towards male characters, no options without chest hair that would fit a female character.

- Most scars look like the character had been thrown into a wood-chipper or dragged behind a truck. Would have been nice with a few more moderate scar options for both the face and the body, where only a part of the body/face has scarring.

- I really think there should have been a transparency options for tattoos, scars, body hair and color options for the nipples.

- I also have the impression that some of the normal map details for the skin is tied to the skin type you choose. I think it should be independently selected to allow for greater variety. Although you can sorta get around this by choosing a skin option with the right details and using the tint option to get the color you want.

The character creator is still one of the best I've seen, I just felt that it was missing a few things. I do hope they listen to the feedback and can make some adjustments in time before the release (or in future updates/patches).

(I know Volition confirmed that the triangle and the figure slider is all we're going to get in regards to the body builds, but it would have been cool if we could have independently adjusted the width of arms, legs, shoulders, waist, hips etc.)

Judging from the customization showcase the rest of the customization looks really good as well, especially the vehicle customization.

I'm really excited to learn more about the game's world and story and can't wait to play it as the cool characters I've been able to create in the boss factory. Still have some ideas for characters that I'd like to try making, and possible adjustments to the ones I've already made.

I think Volition is doing a great job, and I hope the game becomes a great success for them, and a fun and entertaining experience for us.

Love Saints Row so when I saw a trailer was out I thought right on! So I watch, first reaction - instant dislike for the characters but I thought, hey this is Saints Row and this is definitely a joke. At the end of the trailer the real Saints will appear in grand fashion and the punchline will blow us away....kind of like the end of the movie The Usual Suspects. Well, nope...they really did abandon the original characters. Then I read reactions confirming the end of the real SR, then I see long term fans and supporters get crapped on "haters gonna hate"....wow...so much for loyalty.

This new game? Looks like a good game, will say nothing bad about it because I havent nor will I play it (would like it if I could eliminate the characters right off the bat cause cannot get by my dislike for them).

So, they made a new game, thats fair. As many fans have voiced though this is not the 3rd Street Saints. If the original characters are abandoned, then why not sell the rights to someone else? Maybe wishful thinking but it would be cool if a developer was willing to make a 'real' Saints Row.

To those who do like this new game, my post is not meant to hurt your feelings, I am ok that you like it and its ok that I do not.
Someone trying to create that games 😉 i saw that before but i don't remember when

Just saw a reply from the SR twitter account that responded to someone asking about more curlier hairstyles. I hope we get to see some in the day 1 patch if not after that.

Insider info... Volition doesn't have any other SR games planned. They're working on the reboot, they need to fix SR2 and you think they would make one more game for OG fans? Nope.
Not sure why you are thinking I thought volition was making a game for OG fans? My post was pretty clear. Release the real Saints Row characters since it seems they have been abandoned and my "wishful" thinking would be for a different developer to develop a real SR. People can still wish for things right?

Back