SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Something doesn't seems right here... It's absurd the Storage required space to be that small?!? It's smaller than the Saints Row The Third's required free HDD space which is around 10 GB! I expected this game to require something like LEAST 20-25 GB free diskspace required for installing... I'm assume that: 1. the game's map is small, or 2. there's isn't any enterable buildings (except stores maybe), like Virtual Steelport was in Saints Row IV... :(

I expected this game to requires something like 50-60 GB diskspace, as are taken into account the graphics of the game.
Keep in mind, this is just a character creator, so it wont have much in it

That is probably their most well put together trailer by far, which maybe isn't an exceptionally high standard, but I'm glad they finally released something that should have been the announcement trailer.

I don't want to make a new account on Epic just to try out the demo, so it's hard for me to have a effective opinion on it, browsing through social media and peoples creations I have mixed opinions on the facial and body proportions, and their limitations. Has a atmosphere of blandness and frumpiness to it, and a restriction on larger than life or idealized designs. I noticed people complaining about the lack of feminine facial features, body proportions, male beards, long hairstyles, and nail colours. I'm curious to hear what people think in detail.

Even if they add a bunch of clothing and wacky options for colours, if the core fundamental skeleton and body morphing is limited, that will ruin the fun and enjoyment of the creator for me.

Also perhaps silly but:

:(

I think the followup makes a good point similar to mine though.

It doesn't help how many accessorizing options help if the core components of the customization of the face and body are so limited.

They added new and removed old features. The CC lacks of the sliders SR3/4 had so you can't recreate your boss from previous games or maybe you can but it's hard. Also yea, breast size at 100 looks like breast size at 50 in SR3/4.
I'm very happy you can finally pick custom colors from RGB slider and apply them to anything (hair, makeup, clothing, etc)

That is probably their most well put together trailer by far, which maybe isn't an exceptionally high standard, but I'm glad they finally released something that should have been the announcement trailer.

I don't want to make a new account on Epic just to try out the demo, so it's hard for me to have a effective opinion on it, browsing through social media and peoples creations I have mixed opinions on the facial and body proportions, and their limitations. Has a atmosphere of blandness and frumpiness to it, and a restriction on larger than life or idealized designs. I noticed people complaining about the lack of feminine facial features, body proportions, male beards, long hairstyles, and nail colours. I'm curious to hear what people think in detail.

Even if they add a bunch of clothing and wacky options for colours, if the core fundamental skeleton and body morphing is limited, that will ruin the fun and enjoyment of the creator for me.

Also perhaps silly but:

:(

I think the followup makes a good point similar to mine though.

It doesn't help how many accessorizing options help if the core components of the customization of the face and body are so limited.

Those tweets don't make me happy. Not for the subject themselves but that Christina buries their lede from the first tweet.

I'm really happy with with how breasts look in this game. Because they made it modular but still look *natural*. That's really impressive. Because the bigger boobs got in SR3/4 the worse they looked. Shirts on them also were terrible. I definitely prefer these.

Those tweets don't make me happy. Not for the subject themselves but that Christina buries their lede from the first tweet.

I'm really happy with with how breasts look in this game. Because they made it modular but still look *natural*. That's really impressive. Because the bigger boobs got in SR3/4 the worse they looked. Shirts on them also were terrible. I definitely prefer these.
That isn't really the point, and I don't think that counts as being "buried", that is elaborating on the first post and a public statement. Beyond the more obvious notion of it being fantasy, and the fact that such designs are extremely popular, and also very under-served in the western gaming industry; more choice and player freedom is absolutely a good thing.

I agree that the 3 and 4 had some annoying issues with the character modelling and clothing meshes, and I think that comes from the female rig getting less attention than the male (this is especially noticeable in cutscenes). However, as silly as it may seem, having fun sex positive choices is great, and I find it disappointing that they regress on that, although they deserve to be better commended in other areas, like the options for genital censorship preference, treating their audience like adults is something companies need to do more of.

Since it wasn't really my main point, and more of a goofy tangent, I don't want to get bogged down in it, although I will say that, one, having more body variety and the ability to have fun idealized design options across the board is something I support, there are lots of real women who have breasts who are larger than what is shown (alongside my actual point of the body sculpting seeming to be disappointingly restrictive), and that as of the current moment, I'm pretty let down by what I've seen of the character creator thus far, and I hope Volition considers further tweaks (although I'm not sure how much can be done with how many months there are till launch).

Basically, more effort to improve their female character modeling so they receive the same treatment with hairstyles, face options, clothing and animation rigging, and also allowing more player choice, like bust size, is absolutely the way to go. This is meant to be a fun game for adults, and part of treating your audience with respect is understanding there is nothing inherently immoral or immature about sexuality, fiction, or fantasy.

That isn't really the point, and I don't think that counts as being "buried", that is elaborating on the first post and a public statement. Beyond the more obvious notion of it being fantasy, and the fact that such designs are extremely popular, and also very under-served in the western gaming industry; more choice and player freedom is absolutely a good thing.

I agree that the 3 and 4 had some annoying issues with the character modelling and clothing meshes, and I think that comes from the female rig getting less attention than the male (this is especially noticeable in cutscenes). However, as silly as it may seem, having fun sex positive choices is great, and I find it disappointing that they regress on that, although they deserve to be better commended in other areas, like the options for genital censorship preference, treating their audience like adults is something companies need to do more of.

Since it wasn't really my main point, and more of a goofy tangent, I don't want to get bogged down in it, although I will say that, one, having more body variety and the ability to have fun idealized design options across the board is something I support, there are lots of real women who have breasts who are larger than what is shown (alongside my actual point of the body sculpting seeming to be disappointingly restrictive), and that as of the current moment, I'm pretty let down by what I've seen of the character creator thus far, and I hope Volition considers further tweaks (although I'm not sure how much can be done with how many months there are till launch).

Basically, more effort to improve their female character modeling so they receive the same treatment with hairstyles, face options, clothing and animation rigging, and also allowing more player choice, like bust size, is absolutely the way to go. This is meant to be a fun game for adults, and part of treating your audience with respect is understanding there is nothing inherently immoral or immature about sexuality, fiction, or fantasy.

So I read your response and sat on it. I really do understand it. There's a lot of work that goes into tweaking stuff in the current system. But I guess I just have to wonder: Does being sex positive require tearing something else down to bring yourself up?

That's part of what bothered me about her posting. Calling herself the 'professional opinion on breast sliders' makes it feel very "My way is the best way". And that just kinda rankles. Especially when you tie it to whether the game is 'fun' or not. And all it did was draw in the 'game is woke' and 'SJW's ruin everything' crowd.

Everything you say I totes agree with you. I do get it. Just the way Christina went about things I *really* don't like.

Back