Why I hate the Saints row fanbase, Part II. (rant)

You asked for an SR2 tone game and it seems like you got it. Saints Row is a mix of SR2 mechanics and SR3 wackiness. There will be some more gameplay today so just wait
First Impressions mate... The problem with they showing the gameplay is... Having that fucked up quartet on screen. If the "Pantheros" was the Saints then It would be a better game. Those 4 shitty hipsters can rot in hell.
Volition had one shot, one opportunity to seize everything they ever wanted... And they let this moment slip.
Zoomer-esque row. Paying college loan debts? Ah ffs. The plot idea that shows the game is already dead inside the womb.
I doubt they'll use those 6 months lefting for the deadline to change everything, that would be impossible.

No thanks . Thats watch dogs already we waited for Saints Row. As i remember correctly we were fighting againts the psychopath, ruthless ,scary street gang members, not pink hipsters , cyberpunks. We were using glocks, barettas, uzis and aks not laser guns not sci fi shits. In sr2 we were ruthless and brutal and our enemies are like that too. Remember the leader of the Sons of Samedi ? He cut his only friend and his right hand Mr. Sunshines ear. Now that shit was feel real. Ih i saw those guys in real life i would respect that. If i saw these new games gangs i look for circus around.
Looks like somebody doesn't know what a reboot is 🤧🤧🤧

I know what is reboot means i didnt said this is not a reboot i was just explain that this has nothing to do with sr2 as opposite of his claims. Maybe you should read first before react and dont get pissed by others opinions 😜😜😜
Not pissed first of all, but you was up and down this thread complaining about how the game doesn't feel like Saints Row and making comparisons to SR2, yet it has been stated multiple times that this is a new universe so the feel will be a whole lot different than previous games. You're also saying "oh this is a lot of sci-fi shit" when in the trailers they've had a mix of both weapons, but its still more focused on traditional and familiar guns and combat. 🤷‍♀️

No thanks . Thats watch dogs already we waited for Saints Row. As i remember correctly we were fighting againts the psychopath, ruthless ,scary street gang members, not pink hipsters , cyberpunks. We were using glocks, barettas, uzis and aks not laser guns not sci fi shits. In sr2 we were ruthless and brutal and our enemies are like that too. Remember the leader of the Sons of Samedi ? He cut his only friend and his right hand Mr. Sunshines ear. Now that shit was feel real. Ih i saw those guys in real life i would respect that. If i saw these new games gangs i look for circus around.
Preach brother. The main quartet from this reboot is the exact kind of frat rat idiot the saints would shoot for shits and giggles.

Looks like somebody doesn't know what a reboot is 🤧🤧🤧
just because it's a reboot doesn't mean it can be used as excuse to green light the doom of the franchise. Volition destroyed themselves with that stuff. I refuse to call that thing a Saints Row game. They spent 8 years wasting time and resources for that crap. FFS volition. They opted to choose the twitter imps and gaming journalists over their own fans.

I never saw any half wanting other sr4 so far. Since 2013 fans asking for another game like sr1 and sr2 tone. You can see in them in the comments section about this new game and before. I hope if Volition go bankrupt they dont sell this franchise to ubisoft or those small game companies. This franchise still has chance rise but only with good company who knows the what fans want and how to please their fans. I know they dont trust this game too because its Epic exlusive. They probbly get their money already. Thats why they can still talk shit with the fans who dissapointed with the trailer and gameplay. But i m sure Epic games already regret it this decision and after the release i have doubtly think anybody wants to work with the Volition again.
I remember Saints Row IV, GooH, AoM: constant fighting between those who wanted something more like SR2 and then another group calling SR2 a generic GTA-wannabe.

This community will never give any SR game a chance. Honestly. Even if Volition made a completely different franchise and called it something else, it will always be compared to Saints Row.

Either it will be accused of being a lame shadow of SR under a different name, or be accused of trying too hard to be different from SR, or something. The toxicity of some of the "fans" is just boundless.

We literally beg them for years to make games sr1 and 2 style and tone after srtt. They didnt listen .
It's not because they don't want to -- but they can't. The brain that made all that greatness happened left soon after they finished with 4th, and see what come about after that, right? I just realized about it not long ago, and that all seem to be too real for a mere coincidence. And no company will admit that kind of loss 'cause that'll hurt their credibility, which I'm quite sure of.

I'm not defending Volition, I just realized that what makes a game great is not the company itself -- it's the people/team that worked behind it. So if you want something similar with SR's past-successor then connect with those that used to worked on it.

At the end of the day Volition--and any other you-name-it developers--is just a brand.

Last edited:
I remember Saints Row IV, GooH, AoM: constant fighting between those who wanted something more like SR2 and then another group calling SR2 a generic GTA-wannabe.

This community will never give any SR game a chance. Honestly. Even if Volition made a completely different franchise and called it something else, it will always be compared to Saints Row.

Either it will be accused of being a lame shadow of SR under a different name, or be accused of trying too hard to be different from SR, or something. The toxicity of some of the "fans" is just boundless.
Man, you just spoke all im thinkin bout this days👍

When I watched the trailer, I was disappointed.

However, I read some articles, I listened to what the devs had to say, I looked at some gameplay snippets. I'm willing to give the game a chance.

Devs have said, for example:
they were shooting for a tone between SR2 and SR3.
they wanted to get rid of some of the wackier elements and have something with humor, but that was still a bit grounded in reality.

That interested me.

I get that some fans want old-school gangs, and they're disappointed by the characters. I see a lot of people dismiss the new saints as "woke", "hipster" and "fortnight"-wannabes, and I understand that some people were looking for some old-style gangs.

Yeah, I would rather not have the "idols" and their digital cat-heads. I'd rather not have the paramilitary Ultor-esque Marshall. I'd rather fight something like the vice kings, westside rollerz or the brotherhood.

However, I also realize that maybe, just maybe, the devs were concerned that stereotypical gangs might be, well: stereotypes.

Movies we thought were hilarious back in the 80s make me really cringe now, shake my head, and say "What were we THINKING?"

Maybe the devs are being too "woke" and "pc" and "sjw" or whatever ... or maybe the devs simply don't want to make something they're going to be ashamed of and apologizing for in 10 or 20 years.

You get to be my age, and you start thinking of these things.

So yeah, I saw the trailer and thought "what are they thinking?" The Saints spent most of the trailer looking at their smart phones!

But I feel that the backlash is more harsh than the game deserves.

It reminds me of Agents of Mayhem. Was AoM a "great" game? No. Did it have flaws and weaknesses? YES. But it also did some things surprisingly well. It had a lot of potential, and if the devs hadn't just surrendered, they might have fixed a few of the things that were wrong with it, and if it had ever had a sequel, that sequel could have really fulfilled the potential of that first effort.

I understood why people were upset with AoM, but I've always felt that it didn't really deserve as much hate as it got. It might not have been a "great" game, but it was a good game, and an enjoyable game, and it had good points to it, and I feel the positives never got the recognition they deserved.

I kinda feel that happening again with the Saints Row reboot. People are so upset that it's not SR2, that maybe they're not willing to give it a chance, not willing to see it might have good points, and that even if it has flaws, it might not really deserve to get burned to the ground the way it is.

The more I think about it, the more I'm slowly getting OK with the plotline of 'student loan debt'. I mean, we know America has a huge student loan debt crisis right now that the government just ignores. People fresh out of college are crippled by debt when they haven't even started a job yet.

Maybe the logic with this squad is, 'well, it's gonna take us an eternity and a half to pay off the debts via legal means so....what if we did it via the criminal underbelly?' I mean, we've had examples throughout history of people doing illegal things just to survive so this is no different. Maybe this is a soft critique of just how abysmal America fails its youth, but unlike GTA who beats it over our heads like we're stupid, Saints Row implies it?

Is it as gritty as SR1/SR2? Is it like Red Dead Redemption II? No. Why? Because these are youngsters literally building a gang from scratch. They're not joining a well-established gang, or fully grown adults with decades of gang experience.

Back