Infinite loading screen

I'll try to explain it the best I can but hopefully someone will understand this and help with a solution. I brought Saints Row IV on steam with all the DLC included, but the game seems to be stuck on the loading screen after the intro misson. The thing is, it's not really stuck on the loading screen but the loading screen overlay?
I say this because the music goes into the character creation BGM and I can hear the selection noise and the confirmation noise. And when I go to mouse and keyboard, the mouse changes icons when over the character and buttons.
I have no mods for the game and I have checked the integrity of the files. I have tried setting it to borderless and windowed mode. I have even set the graphics to the lowest possible setting. I'm trying to check around, but others have problems in other parts of the game which doesn't work for this situation.
I am unsure what else I can try. Please help.

I have infinite loading screens trying to enter the first rift. I'm not too proud to admit I use the Activity Ease mode (basically adds more time and/or lessens goal levels), the HTSSC edition of Simulation Clothing, the Bloodrayne Costume, the NPC Behavior Spawn Mod, the Expanded Arsenal by SH!tface and Fan of Saints, More Throwable Objects and the height ceiling remover. All were done in a fresh installation of SR IV the 22nd and 23rd of feburary, all according to forum page instructions, all onto a legal and paid-for Steam copy of the game. I just want to know what likely needs removing.

Edit: I should have added that this was true just finding it myself, following the sidequest or getting conteacted by CID.

Last edited:
Back