SRIV SDK Release B: Creating new weapon tutorial

I have the feeling the weapon template its causing you problems. Try mine, it only has one bone but i fixed all the problems the templates had, just add your weapon, move the tags and scale the bone to 2.54 before exporting it

Hi it's me again sorry for the late response. So I just tried out your weapon template and you sent me and I tried to follow your suggestion to the best of my understanding but I am still having similar result to how I did it before except this time the clip is inside the gun. I did make sure to record, and later convert the video clips in GIF files, my steps again in hopes that those GIFs would better illustrate the steps I took this time around. Also thank you for getting to me so quickly, I appreciate it.

1)
IMG 1.gif

2)
IMG 2.gif

3)
IMG 3.gif

4)
IMG 4.gif

5)
IMG 5.gif

6)
IMG 6.gif

7)
IMG 7.gif

8)
IMG 8 RESULT.png

Hi it's me again sorry for the late response. So I just tried out your weapon template and you sent me and I tried to follow your suggestion to the best of my understanding but I am still having similar result to how I did it before except this time the clip is inside the gun. I did make sure to record, and later convert the video clips in GIF files, my steps again in hopes that those GIFs would better illustrate the steps I took this time around. Also thank you for getting to me so quickly, I appreciate it.

Mind sending your gun file?

Hey sorry for the late reply. Sure I can quickly send gun mod/3D model files for you to look at. Note that in the output folder it contains the converted files from NERD_BROSKI_ARSENAL_M1918_BAR_DuwAAK_SCALED_VERSION_1 and the NERD_BROSKI_ARSENAL_M1918_BAR_DuwAAK_ENLARGED_SCALED_VERSION_1 is scaled to the assaultrifle.fbx model. I hope to hear back from you as soon as you can and I thank you for getting back to me. I can't wait to FINALLY get this issue taken care of and I can finally go about modding in new weapon costumes :) .

Attachments

• NERD_BROSKI_ARSENAL_M1918_BAR.rar
    22.3 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Hey it's me again. Um...I just wanna check in and see if you have found something yet. It been a good eight days at least. I am not trying to be rude but I kind of starting to feel like I'm getting ignored intentionally here. Again not trying to start crap and I understand these kind of things can take some time to figure out, hence why I waited till now to see if there is any kind of update on where I am having issue with my weapon model/mod. Please get back to me as soon as you can. I am honestly getting desperate and frustrated.

Hey it's me again. Um...I just wanna check in and see if you have found something yet. It been a good eight days at least. I am not trying to be rude but I kind of starting to feel like I'm getting ignored intentionally here. Again not trying to start crap and I understand these kind of things can take some time to figure out, hence why I waited till now to see if there is any kind of update on where I am having issue with my weapon model/mod. Please get back to me as soon as you can. I am honestly getting desperate and frustrated.
Sorry mate, been kinda busy this week, will try to get it soon

EDIT: Try this, couldnt convert it but i attached the fbx ready and the maya file. Your values were all over the place, clip scale and position was wrong and same with the tags.

Attachments

• BAR_FIX.zip
    739.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Sorry mate, been kinda busy this week, will try to get it soon

EDIT: Try this, couldnt convert it but i attached the fbx ready and the maya file. Your values were all over the place, clip scale and position was wrong and same with the tags.
Hey just saw your message, thanks for getting back to me! I'll definitely take a look and get back to you sometime tomorrow if I have any further issues (Fingers crossed in hopes they're won't be lol). Also again sorry if I came off a bit snippy with the last comment I'm just frustrated with the fact I still can't figure this whole process out even though I have been going at for a about a good solid month, if I had to take a wild guess. It also doesn't help that this is only ONE of 28 weapon costume skin mods (6 of the pistol weapon costume skins, 1 being a melee "Baseball Bat" weapon costume skin, 5 of them being automatic rifle weapon costume skins, 4 of them being shotgun weapon costume skins, 7 of them being SMG weapon costume skins, and 5 of them being sniper rifle weapon costume skins) I am currently working on. And even after they are all ready and all of the small bugs worked out I then need to learn how to package them all into ONE mod instead uploading them all one by one. So...yeah...I got my plate full in terms of projects I want to get done lol. Thanks for the help you have been providing me so far, I greatly appreciate it a lot.

Hey it's me, sorry for the late update. So I took at the model you sent yesterday and I tried going through the whole process again except this time I tried to be sure that the pivot point my bone_clip is in the exact same position as the tag_gunmag_handle, recorded as usual so you or anyone can see. And...well...you can probably guess what I am going to say, I am STILL having a issue with it. Except this time the gun doesn't even appear while as before at least the main gun and sometimes the bone_clip would appear. I am honestly just at that point I just want to say "fuck it," and scrap the whole thing cause I just don't where am I keep fucking up at, not saying it's your or anyone else fault because trust me I know how patient you have been with me. And I, of course, appreciate it. So...uh...yeah, another "L" for me in terms of getting this damn mod working properly, I swear I'm just cursed or something. Hope to hear back from someone as soon as they can. Again thanks for being patient with my dumbass and the help. Here are the GIFs:

1)
IMG 1.gif

2)
IMG 2.gif

3)
IMG 3.gif

4)
IMG 4.gif

5)
IMG 5.gif

6)
IMG 6.gif

7)
IMG 7.gif

8)
IMG 8.gif

9)
IMG 9.gif

10) Result
IMG 10 RESULT.gif

Hey it's me, sorry for the late update. So I took at the model you sent yesterday and I tried going through the whole process again except this time I tried to be sure that the pivot point my bone_clip is in the exact same position as the tag_gunmag_handle, recorded as usual so you or anyone can see. And...well...you can probably guess what I am going to say, I am STILL having a issue with it. Except this time the gun doesn't even appear while as before at least the main gun and sometimes the bone_clip would appear. I am honestly just at that point I just want to say "fuck it," and scrap the whole thing cause I just don't where am I keep fucking up at, not saying it's your or anyone else fault because trust me I know how patient you have been with me. And I, of course, appreciate it. So...uh...yeah, another "L" for me in terms of getting this damn mod working properly, I swear I'm just cursed or something. Hope to hear back from someone as soon as they can. Again thanks for being patient with my dumbass and the help. Here are the GIFs:
Try using the FBX i linked, they are ready to be imported to the converter, just add the textures and re check the item name

Try using the FBX i linked, they are ready to be imported to the converter, just add the textures and re check the item name
Hey I just tried using your FBX model you sent me and I tried to import it into the game, and I still got the same result as before.

Hey I just tried using your FBX model you sent me and I tried to import it into the game, and I still got the same result as before.
Im honestly out of ideas then... I have used that template for my weapon mods and they all worked so far. Not sure if your cloned item its the one causing the issue.

Back