game lags/hangs/freezes when doing certain things

I have encountered issues that nobody else seems to have come across on PC.

Whenever I enter or exit a car, jump or close range melee (that starts the finishing move animations) the game freezes for a couple of seconds.

The thing is that the game ran fine without issues for a 3 hours, then since I can't play without the game doing what it's doing.

Things I've tried -
Run offline
Adjusting and turning down video/audio/camera settings, windowed mode etc
Verifying integrity thru steam
Uninstalling and deleting everything including save files and reinstalling.
Running the program in different compatibility modes
Disabling various settings in the nvidia control panel like threading etc
Moving the game off my SSD

Don't think there's any hope for a fix, just want to know if anyone else is out there who came across anything similar. The one thing of note I did before the game shit the bed was loading back to an older save file.

Never ran into any issues with Saints 4, ran smooth no glitches on ultra so not sure why GooH is making trouble.

Last edited:
I have encountered issues that nobody else seems to have come across on PC.

Whenever I enter or exit a car, jump or close range melee (that starts the finishing move animations) the game freezes for a couple of seconds.

The thing is that the game ran fine without issues for a 3 hours, then since I can't play without the game doing what it's doing.

Things I've tried -
Run offline
Adjusting and turning down video/audio/camera settings, windowed mode etc
Verifying integrity thru steam
Uninstalling and deleting everything including save files and reinstalling.
Running the program in different compatibility modes
Disabling various settings in the nvidia control panel like threading etc
Moving the game off my SSD

Don't think there's any hope for a fix, just want to know if anyone else is out there who came across anything similar. The one thing of note I did before the game shit the bed was loading back to an older save file.

Never ran into any issues with Saints 4, ran smooth no glitches on ultra so not sure why GooH is making trouble.

I had a similar problem in the third, it solved when I came back some versions before

Back