SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.7 (Detailed Notoriety HUD, Enhanced Crib Menu & more!)

SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.3 released.

v1.3 (October 26, 2020)
* You can always enable gamepad button prompts by changing "SUI_BUTTON_PROMPTS" in vint_lib.lua to 1, or always use keyboard prompts by setting it to 2.
* You can change thousands separator (default ',') to a whitespace (' ') by changing "SUI_USE_SPACE_SEPARATOR" to true in vint_lib.lua. This option will also change decimal separator (default '.') to a comma (',') in Stats menu.
* Save/Load menu animations are now faster when accessed from Pause Menu.
* Added Lua error handler (shows a message if something in Lua goes wrong)
* The mod no longer forces the faster screen fade in the following places due to glitches:
** Stronghold Upgrade Purchased screen ("Upgraded" banner does not show up if alpha fade is forced)
** "My Name is Cyrus Temple" (end cutscene cuts out early)

Does this mod can run alongside with the "things to do in steelport" superpack ?
Nope. "Things To Do In Steelport" mod has several UI mods that are incompatible with SuperUI.
From mod's page: "This package doesn't support any other mods. If you want to keep your mods, you'll have to merge files manually - I recommend this guide."

Many thanks! Also, I've noticed something while scrolling through the file. There are functions to swap the ui icons between x360 and ps3 icons when using a gamepad, depending on the platform (with x360 icons being set for PC for obvious reasons). Does it mean I could get the ps3 icons to appear if I edited those functions properly (adding a bool would probably be enough) or are these functions just a leftover and the icons are not even in the game files?
I've looked into it. Unfortunately PS3 icons are not in the game's files. (change vint_lib.lua's SUI_PLATFORM = "PC" to SUI_PLATFORM = "PS3", and all button icons become grey squares.)

I've looked into it. Unfortunately PS3 icons are not in the game's files. (change vint_lib.lua's SUI_PLATFORM = "PC" to SUI_PLATFORM = "PS3", and all button icons become grey squares.)
That's a shame. I wonder if there's a way to extract them from PS3's version.

SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.4 released.

v1.4 (November 9, 2020)
* "SUI_BUTTON_PROMPTS" flag now correctly affects QTEs.
* Added "SUI_GOG" flag to vint_lib.lua. Menus unusable for GOG version such as Online Co-op are disabled if this flag is true. (This is not the official GOG support, but would still be useful for GOG users)
* Removed the "repair cost" system for Stored Vehicle Delivery because it is broken; the $500 cost is not actually deducted from your cash and the $500 cost remains even if the vehicle is in perfect condition.
* Rim Jobs:
** Added a workaround for the game's bug that sometimes Nitrous and Kneecappers are shown as not equipped even if you've already upgraded them.
** Disabled the ability to purchase Nitrous and Kneecappers for Tanks because these have no effects.
** You can no longer buy new colors or wheels for ASP tank because the former does nothing and the latter will crash the game.
* m21.lua "Murderbrawl XXXI":
** Fixed the bug that Killbane gets stuck in ground after the first QTE if the player is using their own clothes (SUI_OUTFIT = false).
** Added more checkpoints during Killbane fight in the case he still gets stuck.
* dlc3_m02.lua "Tour de Farce": Fixed the bug that the skip trigger doesn't work.

Regarding PS button prompts, I'm currently asking the original author Blackbird for permission to incorporate DualShock 3/4 mod (Controller+Buttons).

EDIT: I got the permission! I'll include optional DualShock button prompts in v1.5.

Last edited:
superui_srtt_help.png

SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.5 released.
v1.5 (November 12, 2020)
* Added a modified version of Blackbird's DualShock 3/4 mod. Follow the instructions in the "PlayStation Button Prompts" section for more info.
* Added "Help" menu which lets you view most of the tutorial messages. The items in the old Extras menu have been moved to the last page of Help menu.

Note: v1.5 is now compressed with 7-Zip (*.7z) format in order to reduce file size. If you can't extract, make sure to install 7-Zip tool.

so... when I trip to open the crib menu from the phone, it open Imagine as Designed (plastic surgery) and when I exit out of it, the game freezes in a load screen

(disclaimer: I have a few mods installed)

so... when I trip to open the crib menu from the phone, it open Imagine as Designed (plastic surgery) and when I exit out of it, the game freezes in a load screen

(disclaimer: I have a few mods installed)
It sounds like you didn't install the "patch_compressed.vpp_pc" file. (The crib menu in the phone is actually "initial character customization" mission, and a modded mission script is needed for proper functionality.)
Place the included "patch_compressed.vpp_pc" file to SRTT's cache directory. (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row the Third\packfiles\pc\cache)

EDIT: SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.6 released. A very small update.
v1.6 (December 4, 2020)
* (A feature for modders) The race start countdown can now be used outside of an activity (call hud_push_screen("countdown", SYNC_ALL) from a gameplay Lua script)
* Help menu now uses a scrolling list.

Last edited:
It sounds like you didn't install the "patch_compressed.vpp_pc" file. (The crib menu in the phone is actually "initial character customization" mission, and a modded mission script is needed for proper functionality.)
Place the included "patch_compressed.vpp_pc" file to SRTT's cache directory. (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row the Third\packfiles\pc\cache)
firstly: thanks! I've installed a mod there before and it messed with the player model, so I was afraid

secondly: it's 3 in the morning! go to sleep friend!

SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.7 released.

v1.7 (February 2, 2021)
* You can now toggle Machinima Mode from SuperUI options menu (only from main menu)
* Disabled the ability to buy ammo for weapons with infinite ammo. (except for grenades which can be removed by missions)
* In Weapon Stores, Weapon Level is no longer displayed for non-upgradable weapons.
* You can now use cursor keys in Plastic Surgeon's body triangle screen to finetune your build.

I would like to disable some facilities for the game not to be too easy and boring. how to disable the clib on the cell phone and at home?

Could you tell me what the modules part at the top of your sr3_city.lua file is for and how to best use it?
I would like to build my NPC mod using SuperUI as a foundation and make a script similar to Random Encounters that sends enemies after you at random.
Sadly anything I try to write in the modules section, just makes most of the things called for by function sr3_city_main() not work.

Credit where it's due, ofcourse. SuperUI is probably one of the best mods I've seen around here. It's really good and adds things I didn't expect possible.

Back