Going to SR4 Topic - Some of the melee animations that were restored in this mod are left in SR4 aswell, but ofcourse not all of them, it's possible to port them but some need to be removed (if using sandbox+) because there's animation limits, also they don't do any super punches, so they're regular melee punches like SR3

Going to SR4 Topic - Some of the melee animations that were restored in this mod are left in SR4 aswell, but ofcourse not all of them, it's possible to port them but some need to be removed (if using sandbox+) because there's animation limits, also they don't do any super punches, so they're regular melee punches like SR3
yeah i tested in SR4 before u can't perform superpower attacks or new moves present in this game, player still can't perform right click finisher, not sure this was disabled , so left and right click really the same.

I tweak this mod a bit, switch between the shotgun and rilfe nut stomp animation to sync with female character idle stand better, and remove the new combos and the op neck break move.

Attachments

• Cut Weapon Takedown Animation Restore.zip
    18 KB · Views: 197
Update coming soon:
-Mod reworked from scratch, it's no longer a buggy mess and i managed to get the new melee moves to work properly this time
-The updated melee moves work just like Saints Row 2 or Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell, you have to punch the enemy few times and then it will trigger a finisher move, i made it also randomly trigger special synced melee moves to keep the combat fresh
-Restored the following melee animations: Chain Moves, Synced Chain Moves, Synced Finishers, Synced Starters
-Melee rework:

------Light Punch (Left Mouse Button)
+
Works pretty much like vanilla game but with new things added
+Chain moves trigger as starters but also as the second punch sometimes (upgraded, properly working version of already existing release)
+
Synced Chain Moves, Synced Starters and Synced Finishers trigger together after at least two punches have been dealt to an enemy, i wanted to restore the unused starters properly but game crashed when there was no enemy, so they're part of finishers and do small amount of damage, same for synced chain moves
+Neck break is still part of the mod but same rules as finishers apply, you have to punch the enemy twice and the third "punch" will instead trigger the neck break, you have to stand behind your enemy however!
+As a bonus the vampire takedown is also part of the neck break and it will randomly play, although i'm not sure if i can include this in the mod because it's a DLC asset, although it doesn't regenerate your health - it's just animation and visual only (i assume it would work if you have the DLC purchased, maybe?)

------Hard Punch (Right Mouse Button)
+
Now works like Left Mouse Button, you have to punch an enemy few times in order to trigger the final move
+First punch will often be "Big Punch" or "Superman Punch" which are animations already used in final game as vanilla melee combo finishers
+Instead of the cut finishers you have beatdowns (aka the quick time events, it means this is like vanilla game but with extra step added, much better in my opinion!)

------Takedowns (F Key)
-
Restored cut running assault rifle testicular assault (This is already part of the current release)
-Restored cut running pistol testicular assault (This is already part of the current release)
-Restored cut running backward pistol testicular assault (This is already part of the current release)
-Restored cut running rocket launcher testicular assault (NEW! Victim animation is still missing so it was replaced with another one which actually works pretty good)
-Gat's prologue door kick animation as a random chance for regular front nut-punch (NEW! It kind of looks like you're kicking the enemy and then shooting him like a maniac, so it works pretty well)
-
I managed to get cut Dual Pistol takedown working, however Victim animation is still missing so it doesn't really look good and the animation itself is too slow, maybe i can repurpose this animation in some way though
-I also found a cut running punch animation that i'm hoping to restore, i have it ingame but it needs re-offsetting and i haven't decided what i want to do with it yet
-There's also two unused brute takedowns and unfortunately they can't be restored, that's because the game forcefully picks one of the two vanilla animations, however i do have a potential idea on how to use these (probably will be optional in the future release)

Stay tuned for more information!

Will definitely give it a download when it's updated!

Update coming soon:
-Mod reworked from scratch, it's no longer a buggy mess and i managed to get the new melee moves to work properly this time
-The updated melee moves work just like Saints Row 2 or Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell, you have to punch the enemy few times and then it will trigger a finisher move, i made it also randomly trigger special synced melee moves to keep the combat fresh
-Restored the following melee animations: Chain Moves, Synced Chain Moves, Synced Finishers, Synced Starters
-Melee rework:

Nice, can't wait to see it, hope you will upload it on Nexus too if you don't mind, good mod deserve more attention.

Update coming soon:
-Melee rework:

------Light Punch (Left Mouse Button)
+
Works pretty much like vanilla game but with new things added
+Chain moves trigger as starters but also as the second punch sometimes (upgraded, properly working version of already existing release)
+
Synced Chain Moves, Synced Starters and Synced Finishers trigger together after at least two punches have been dealt to an enemy, i wanted to restore the unused starters properly but game crashed when there was no enemy, so they're part of finishers and do small amount of damage, same for synced chain moves
+Neck break is still part of the mod but same rules as finishers apply, you have to punch the enemy twice and the third "punch" will instead trigger the neck break, you have to stand behind your enemy however!
+As a bonus the vampire takedown is also part of the neck break and it will randomly play, although i'm not sure if i can include this in the mod because it's a DLC asset, although it doesn't regenerate your health - it's just animation and visual only (i assume it would work if you have the DLC purchased, maybe?)

------Hard Punch (Right Mouse Button)
+
Now works like Left Mouse Button, you have to punch an enemy few times in order to trigger the final move
+First punch will often be "Big Punch" or "Superman Punch" which are animations already used in final game as vanilla melee combo finishers
+Instead of the cut finishers you have beatdowns (aka the quick time events, it means this is like vanilla game but with extra step added, much better in my opinion!)

------Takedowns (F Key)
-
Restored cut running assault rifle testicular assault (This is already part of the current release)
-Restored cut running pistol testicular assault (This is already part of the current release)
-Restored cut running backward pistol testicular assault (This is already part of the current release)
-Restored cut running rocket launcher testicular assault (NEW! Victim animation is still missing so it was replaced with another one which actually works pretty good)
-Gat's prologue door kick animation as a random chance for regular front nut-punch (NEW! It kind of looks like you're kicking the enemy and then shooting him like a maniac, so it works pretty well)
-
I managed to get cut Dual Pistol takedown working, however Victim animation is still missing so it doesn't really look good and the animation itself is too slow, maybe i can repurpose this animation in some way though
-I also found a cut running punch animation that i'm hoping to restore, i have it ingame but it needs re-offsetting and i haven't decided what i want to do with it yet
-There's also two unused brute takedowns and unfortunately they can't be restored, that's because the game forcefully picks one of the two vanilla animations, however i do have a potential idea on how to use these (probably will be optional in the future release)

Stay tuned for more information!
I have a question, can you replace the weapon kick with npc weapon bash animations?
I have already done this in plym.xtbl but it impacts in the wrong direction, it doesn't hit from front of the player, you have to turn your back to the enemy. also editting ImpactDir for the bash animations inside melee.xtbl didn't help.

I have a question, can you replace the weapon kick with npc weapon bash animations?
I have already done this in plym.xtbl but it impacts in the wrong direction, it doesn't hit from front of the player, you have to turn your back to the enemy. also editting ImpactDir for the bash animations inside melee.xtbl didn't help.
I think i tested them at some point but they weren't as good as other animations, maybe i can repurpose it into a finisher or something though, that being said - i'm unsure when the next version of this mod will drop but a lot of work is already done as mentioned in my post

Back