Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Keep in mind that only Minimaul and IdolNinja work on it in their free time.
Corona virus and remote work on the new SR make the work on the patch a bit longer so I suggest: BE PATIENT
Honestly I was hoping the stay at home stuff would increase the amount of free time and make this patch come out sooner

Idol confirmed that work is progressing as normal despite covid. There's just a lot of work to be done. I wouldn't expect the patch before the end of summer at this point. That way if it comes out next week we can be excited all over again.

can this patch include some cars from 1 that was cut on 2? just asking. Because I want to drive both VEGAS and CAVALLARO on SR2.

I wouldn't expect the patch before the end of summer at this point.
The timetable I calculated in my head suggests that as well. The earliest I'll expect it is August 27th

Hi. There is no doubt that SR2 is my most favorite in the series. I started out with the PS3 & Xbox 360 versions, so the quality was not bad.

But unlike most games of that era, There was no in-game option for deleting saves.

So in order to delete any unwanted saves, I would have to go into my PS/Xbox's storage unit and delete the save manually.

I was hoping this would have been dealt with in the PC port... I was wrong.

I am now stuck with more than 5 game saves that I have tried deleting (Every way possible) but are still there to this day, and these saves were only created because of accidental clicks upon reaching the save menu.

And when I say "every way possible", I mean it. I have uninstalled the game, deleted all the associated folders and files from my computer completely, then as soon as I reinstall and load the game up... Boom, all the saves are still there.

In the past, I'll admit to been quite obnoxious in regards to mods I would like created, and hypothetical DLC for upcoming games.

I am not saying my ideas are necessarily obnoxious, just the way I defend them when some people decide to rip them apart.

Not saying that's always the case, as one of my ideas was actually added to a mod. But it does happen sometimes.

Getting back to my original point... And I mean this in no disrespectful way.

All I would like to see as part of this patch, is an in-game option to allow deleting of unwanted saves, like they have in SRTT & SRIV.

If this still counts as asking for too much, then I apologise in advance.

It's just really annoying to have a list of saves, and have to load each one to find out which one is my actual save.

Last edited:
And when I say "every way possible", I mean it. I have uninstalled the game, deleted all the associated folders and files from my computer completely, then as soon as I reinstall and load the game up... Boom, all the saves are still there.

That's because they're still stored on the Steam cloud. You can disable cloud sync for individual games to prevent this.

Right click on the game's icon on Steam and select Properties. Click on the Updates tab and uncheck Steam Cloud sync at the bottom.
Thanks. I did find another way, but your way is quicker. So thank you.

New Unrelated Post:
Like the Cabbit easter egg you have to uncover by following a trail of signs on the small islands...

I wonder if they'll do something similar with Mehrman. Example:

In the Mehrman bar, someone could mention seeing him near the Boardwalk.

When arriving at the boardwalk, you would swim over to the island with the Mehrman sign.

A hidden message could tell you to go to the Lost Island. Once there, a sign would be pointing in the direction of Super Secret Island.

Once there, you have to stand at the top of the Island and watch as the Mehrman swims onto the island and enters the Volition Cave.

Then you enter the Cave and pass out. You awaken outside the hospital, and see a number graffitied on the wall.

Calling the number will make black suited men & women with sunglasses (Similar to MIB) spawn more often among nearby pedestrians (To give the allusion of being followed).

Last edited:
Back