Saints Row: The Third SRTT Remastered Opinion

So I posted my thoughts of SRTT Remastered on the SRTT Remastered Announcement forum, and it got deleted for being "Off Topic"... I don't see how though.

I kept the post related to the game, my opinion of the game, and my idea of a DLC to include Johnny Gat as a Homie within the game... Because the only way a Saints Row game can be successful, is if Johnny Gat is in it.

Example:

Johnny Gat gets killed in SRTT...

Fans: Well this sucks.

Volition releases trailer for SRIV including Character introductions.

Fans: No Johnny Gat? Boo!

Volition releases trailer entitled "Gat Is Back".

Fans: "Insert Fry Meme Here" Shut up and take my money!

Freelancer 212 looks smug.

Smarta***: What about Gat Out Of Hell?

Freelancer 212: You win this round.

New:
I'll still leave all that previous stuff in, even though I've changed my mind about it now.

Thank Modders for Mods. SRTT Remastered is back on my favorite games list again.

Last edited:
So I posted my thoughts of SRTT Remastered on the SRTT Remastered Announcement forum, and it got deleted for being "Off Topic"... I don't see how though.

I kept the post related to the game, my opinion of the game, and my idea of a DLC to include Johnny Gat as a Homie within the game... Because the only way a Saints Row game can be successful, is if Johnny Gat is in it.

Example:

Johnny Gat gets killed in SRTT...

Fans: Well this sucks.

Volition releases trailer for SRIV including Character introductions.

Fans: No Johnny Gat? Boo!

Volition releases trailer entitled "Gat Is Back".

Fans: "Insert Fry Meme Here" Shut up and take my money!

Freelancer 212 looks smug.

Smarta***: What about Gat Out Of Hell?

Freelancer 212: You win this round.
Not to be rude, but Remasters don't work like you think. They can't just wave their hands and put Gat in the game, they'd have to record new audio with Daniel Dae Kim, rewrite the entire story, record more audio with other voice actors to go with the rewrites, and fuck up the canon more than it already has been —This remaster isn't even made by Volition!

Personally I don't mind Gat not being in SR:TT (though I'm used to him reappearing in SRIV), it gives Pierce and Shaundi more time to shine... or it would have if they didn't shoehorn in Zimos, Kinzie, and Angel—but let's not get into that...

it gives Pierce and Shaundi more time to shine... or it would have if they didn't shoehorn in Zimos, Kinzie, and Angel—but let's not get into that...

I love Pierce's character development from two to three. Sure he still tends to be a whiny bitch at times but it's foibles like that and his chess obsession that make the character feel real.

Reactions: F13
I love Pierce's character development from two to three. Sure he still tends to be a whiny bitch at times but it's foibles like that and his chess obsession that make the character feel real.
Honestly, Saints Row: The Third handles Pierce, Shaundi, and Gat's dialogue brilliantly, despite not having as much of it as I'd like (especially in Gat's case). The Belgian Problem is one of my favorite missions ever mainly because it's pure Boss/Shaundi/Pierce banter.

Not to be rude, but Remasters don't work like you think. They can't just wave their hands and put Gat in the game, they'd have to record new audio with Daniel Dae Kim, rewrite the entire story, record more audio with other voice actors to go with the rewrites, and fuck up the canon more than it already has been —This remaster isn't even made by Volition!

Personally I don't mind Gat not being in SR:TT (though I'm used to him reappearing in SRIV), it gives Pierce and Shaundi more time to shine... or it would have if they didn't shoehorn in Zimos, Kinzie, and Angel—but let's not get into that...

I wasn't talking about adding him into the main story or anything, it was a non-canon DLC like, The Trouble With Clones, Gangstas In Space and Enter The Dominatrix which brought back several dead characters if you remember (Zimos and Birk).

Even if creating new missions with new audio wasn't possible, they could still add him as a DLC Homie, like Cheapy D.

They could either use his pre-existing lines from When Good Heists Go Bad, or leave him silent like Josh Birk in SRIV.

It was probably deleted because it reads like the ramblings of a madman.
Actually, the original post on the Announcement forum was fine, it's only this post where I ramble like a madman.

If this was true, then SRTT wouldn't have been the most successful game in the series... And we wouldn't be getting a remaster right now
You're just helping my point.

It was the most successful, because people saw a chance for a Saints Row Game with updated graphics and gameplay. The city even seemed better (in the trailers at least), so people couldn't wait to buy it.

It wasn't until they played the game that they... Witnessed Gat's "death". They realised that Dex was entirely cut from the story. Several of the best activities like: Septic Avenger and Crowd Control didn't make it to the game. The city felt hollow, because practically all the buildings were generic and non-interactive. And Shaundi had lost her carefree personality and iconic dreadlocks.

So when the trailers started for SRIV, hardcore original fans were not as interested because Gat wasn't even in the trailers. But still somewhat interested because Dreadlock Shaundi was back.

Then they released the Gat Is Back trailer, and the original fans suddenly became interested again. That's why SRTT was the most successful. Because hardcore fans were expecting a lot more than what they got.

I only ever played SRTT as the Caucasian Female, but recently I decided to give the other voices a chance. And now my favorite voice is the Russian Female.

Especially when she admits to wanting to make love to Pierce in front of a live studio audience. And when she's asking Kia what she thinks of Pierce (as Cyrus), I couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say it as if Gat is the only reason people play Saints Row. I like his character, not as much in SRIV and I hope they write him better in the next game if he comes back. But implying he is the cenetrpiece of this series and not the humor, customization and open world madness is ridiculous.

You say it as if Gat is the only reason people play Saints Row. I like his character, not as much in SRIV and I hope they write him better in the next game if he comes back. But implying he is the cenetrpiece of this series and not the humor, customization and open world madness is ridiculous.
I guess it does come across that way. I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place.

SRTT is my most favorite game, but Gat is my most favorite character. So playing my favorite game without being able to cause chaos alongside my favorite character is not an ideal position.

It's fine with the current SRTT because mods can fix that problem, but when the remastered version comes out, unless it can be modded, it's gonna take some getting used to.

Unless they've done a hell of job with Johnny Tag, then I might be able to get away with it.

I get that, it always felt weird playing SRTT with the Boss being all happy and silly, knowing Gat just died not too long ago, and I was happy when I saw the trailer of his return after seeing hints in SRTT like the news ticker during the Genkibowl intro. But when I played SRIV he didn't feel like the same character anymore and was boiled down to murder and violence.

Back