SR3 Police Use Stun Gun Mod Request

I've played SR3 for a while now, and it is fun, but when I used to play SR2, the cops used to try and arrest and use stun guns on you first. In SR3, that is gone and they shoot first, I have tried to find any mods on this, and the only one I could find edited some parts of the game which I did not like, so can anyone help? Any complaints or mentions of it I also could not find either.

I attempted to make police use stun guns...and looked for a way to have them try to arrest the player.
The only way they will even use stun guns is if you replace pistols with stun guns, and there is no way to make them try to arrest you. SR3 is do or die, they shoot to kill. I scoured AI and combat tables with no luck in finding a way to accomplish this request thru xtbl manipulation. Maybe Singa can find something I overlooked. Good Luck, happy modding.

I can make it so that they have a stungun as well as their regular pistols and shotgun. They will only use it though if they drop their original weapon, like when taken as a human shield for example. I could also try to give them only a stungun but then they couldn't switch to a firearm later unless picking one up fro mthe ground.

That sounds good enough, another question tho, does that mean all units in all notoriety levels will only use stun gun? Or is it only level one? If it is only level one, then its fine, but if it is at all level then it wouldn't be quite worth it, I imagine. But it sounds very good from what you said, so a file both ways is completely fine with me, since I need it for testing anyways. Thank you both for the help! @MOTOSXORPIO Nah it is fine a stun gun is good enough, they dont need to arrest they can just stun you and beat you up like sometimes in the second game, if that is possible to replace, please try to make it and send the files, it sounds promising as I need to test and experiment with them, anything made would be appreciated as I am just that desperate

Last edited:
I can make loadouts for them with certain chances of spawning, so they might show across all levels. Stuff like STAG are seperate though

So does that mean they wont use stun guns after level one, or will some units use them and others not? It would be a bummer if some still use it after level one, but if some can still can use normal weapons it is good enough. If it's the other way around and stun guns are sometimes possible then, it would be best if only police units use them up close. Either way, if they do still use them after level one then it is fine, I can deal with it anyways. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Late post, but, anything you guys make is fine, just so that it isn't really broken, but anything above that is great. I had no idea that a simple feature is that restricted by the code. Thanks for the help and anything useful is appreciated

@Singa Actually, I think adding them for loadouts would be good even if they show across all levels, if they always show for cops on the first level then that would be good enough, or also if stun guns altogether may be too hard they could just aim at you with their pistols but don't fire like in ANM, when I tested but unfortunately I couldn't use it as I have TTDIS and ANM edits too many files, any way for police to not shoot you in the first notoriety level would be great enough. This might be a kinda dead thread, but I hope there can be some sort of a solution for this issue using stun guns, or something else.

Haven't really done much with this yet. Last I tried was adding the stungun to the melee slot of the level one notoriety and removing the pistol and shotgun changes to appear, but then the game crashes since it needs a firearm. So I changed the stungun into a pistol and added it as a firearm rather than melee and it still crashed, so I stopped for the time being.

Back