How you find the correct Powertools setting?

So i downloaded Powertools For Saints Row 2 And they said you need to get the correct value for the setting and i've searched through the internet but None of them really Give me the Answer so i post the problem here..

You gotta trial and error until you find the right speed for you. It's different for everyone, some have to put it to 0.9, others to 0.6 because the speed-up bug depends on your CPU, for some people it's more severe than for others.

Last edited:
I don't use powertools. I change my computer's boot options instead;
  • Open command prompt as Administrator
  • Type "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" and press enter
  • Restart your computer
This will make the game run at the correct speed for your system clock. The game was programmed to work for a specific speed of processor, something like 3.2GHz - any variation from that results in the game running at a faster speed than intended. Though I only set useplatformclock to true when playing the game, as I have noticed it makes my computer feel a little sluggish (slight stutters, longer loading, etc) outside of the game. So set it to false when you're not playing the game.
I have a 2.6GHz processor and the game seemed to run on 1.5x speed before doing this, but now it runs at the correct speed, which provides a much better experience. Powertools is sort of a brute-force method so while it makes the game run at the correct speed, it doesn't account for slowdown.

Interesting, I didn't have the speedup problem with my old AMD Phenom II CPU but once I upgraded to my current i7 6700k at 4.0GHz, I need the powertools.

Back