A ton of questions regarding vehicle modding (Paints, variants, etc)

D

Deleted user

Hello,

I've recently started modding SRIV a bit, mostly related to vehicles, and I would like to know how to do these few things properly.

• Properly adding car colours. I added a few new ones, but their names are just random numbers, characters, etc. (Basically I'd like their names to be accordingly)
y47p58T.png

• Adding more than 15 car colours to the list. Perhaps this might tie into the aforementioned issue with them not being named properly, but whenever I add more than 15 to the list, the menu layout glitches once I scroll down enough.
  • Changing the paint menu layout in Rimjobs. I noticed that the Challenger uses a notably different menu for paint selection, I'm assuming it's an older version of the menu, as the XTBL uses Tricked Metallic and Opaque (from SR2) opposed to the rest of vehicles in Rimjobs. Regardless, how would one go about replacing the existing menus with the challenger styled one? It's just a better look, know?
CNseUoj.png
  • Adding custom vehicle variants. I'm working on adding more vehicles to traffic, etc, but I'm not satisfied with the current variants that already exist. How would one get these variants to load in traffic? I've opened various vehicle .XTBL files for the cars in particular (Hollywood, Sad Panda, Relic), added some new ones, but none of them seem to load when they're placed in the directory, but handling edits (Files w/ _VEH) load perfectly fine.
  • And why can't certain vehicles be painted? Bear, N-Forcer, etc? The colour option is there, but nothing happens when you hit Enter. I'd love to fix this.

Any and all help with this is appreciated, thanks!

It's been a while, and I'm still somewhat curious about how this works, so here is a shameless bump.

Back