Export My "Boss" as a 3D Model ?

You can extract the textures you know....

Ninja riper method is way more problematic. SDK has a fully working model with bones and face expressions, jf you extract it, you wont have any of those.

Really? How so?, might add, that the issue he's adressing is that GTA IV won't be able to apply or read those "materials" due to the use of different shaders between two different games.

Really? How so?, might add, that the issue he's adressing is that GTA IV won't be able to apply or read those "materials" due to the use of different shaders between two different games.

Well thats a thing for every game, in a 3d software you ll have a generic material slot (maya, blender and 3dmax use the format "phong") in that case you ll need a converter to import to any game. Like we have one for SR4.

The files you are lookin for are "female_character_template" and "male_character_template" theres maya files and a generic fbx for both. The file has morphs slider that you can adjust to recreate your character. Sadly is only the body, if you want clothes and hairs, you will have to extract them using either this: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/mesh-importer-for-3ds-max.4661/ or ripper.

As I said before, ripper is a good option, but the extracted files require more fixes for it to work properly

Well thats a thing for every game, in a 3d software you ll have a generic material slot (maya, blender and 3dmax use the format "phong") in that case you ll need a converter to import to any game. Like we have one for SR4.

The files you are lookin for are "female_character_template" and "male_character_template" theres maya files and a generic fbx for both. The file has morphs slider that you can adjust to recreate your character. Sadly is only the body, if you want clothes and hairs, you will have to extract them using either this: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/mesh-importer-for-3ds-max.4661/ or ripper.

As I said before, ripper is a good option, but the extracted files require more fixes for it to work properly

Only body shape?, What about face morphs? or when you mentioned body = including facial morphs?, As per clothing items and hairstyles is no big deal since i've got to unpack those files with no problem at all.

I was able to export the resources on maya, but no body neither eye textures were open. Or those are applied appart?

Those are in "customize_player.vpp_pc". Unpack the file and you ll have access to body textures, eyes, tattoos, beards... and you ll need the texture utilities tool to get the DDS ofc.

Those are in "customize_player.vpp_pc". Unpack the file and you ll have access to body textures, eyes, tattoos, beards... and you ll need the texture utilities tool to get the DDS ofc.

What about body/skin?
Could you give me a hand with this? What if I give you the sliders and you make it for me?
I don't know how to use it on blender neither on maya. I'm having a hard time figuring out.

Back