Saints Row 5 Ideas thread

Stupid plot idea warning:
Boss actually was in coma after sr2 as a result of Gat possible betrayal which in turn split the gang and Johnny went into hiding, we look for him to take revenge.

It actually turns out to be just a dumb mistake for which Gat blames himself to the point of turning from killing machine to drunk wreck. Like his "critical injury" of the part would be just him being a mess

Boss feels obligated to help his old pal get back to his old self and in a meantime they fix the saints and take more cites under control.

What do you think?

Stupid plot idea warning:
Boss actually was in coma after sr2 as a result of Gat possible betrayal which in turn split the gang and Johnny went into hiding, we look for him to take revenge.

It actually turns out to be just a dumb mistake for which Gat blames himself to the point of turning from killing machine to drunk wreck. Like his "critical injury" of the part would be just him being a mess

Boss feels obligated to help his old pal get back to his old self and in a meantime they fix the saints and take more cites under control.

What do you think?

Did you know Gat's betrayal was one of the original ideas for sr3's story? Gat is upset about what the Saints have turned into and joins stag (I think??). I'm guessing thats why evil gat is in the unused characters list in the game files, of course he also talks about this after the saints get arrested for the bank heist. Anyone feel free to correct if I'm wrong but it makes sense to me.

THQ wanted Gat to die to drive hatred towards the Syndicate, I think original plans were to rescue him from them at some point but gut scrapped. SR4 prime which was SR4 before it got merged with EtD had an evil Gat clone as a villain.

Did you know Gat's betrayal was one of the original ideas for sr3's story? Gat is upset about what the Saints have turned into and joins stag (I think??). I'm guessing thats why evil gat is in the unused characters list in the game files, of course he also talks about this after the saints get arrested for the bank heist. Anyone feel free to correct if I'm wrong but it makes sense to me.

I know but what I would want is a geniune fuckup not outright betrayal.

Johnny is a very flawed man who doesnt tend to think through stuff:
Trying to kill Troy which would in turn kill Playa,
Disposing of scout near his home which helped rohins kill Aisha,
Alerting Ultor sercurity making boss do shit all by themself in last mission) anything post 2 seems to forget that and thats a shame.

• More vehicle types especially if it's a return to roots "In the hood" things such as Skateboards, BMX bikes, etc (Imagine doing a driveby on a BMX lol) of course with the necessary ability to modify them.
  • Return of Drugs, Alcohol, and Food, and their effects: Drugs (Marijuana) increase damage resistance, but slow the player down, and make the screen blurry, Alcohol makes the screen blurry, but you can punch people into space, can also make the player stumble around (a-la GTA IV) if too much is consumed, Food increases health regeneration rather than outright adding health. Either way, you consume too much of any of it your character will vomit it up (a sort of detail, and balance for food)
  • Proper Mod Support (Just to be sure)
  • Multilayer clothing support a-la Classic Saints Row.
  • Removal of Skills, and all that rubbish, make increased skills and abilities things the player can achieve by completing activities, by completing challenges, etc. Saints Row isn't an RPG, give an incentive to complete activities (except maybe beyond increasing respect, and cash)
  • Lots of Guns...no more upgrades/costumes, you buy a AR-40 XTND and you get what you pay for, you buy an Auto-Shotgun, and you get what you pay for. You want a better gun? Go buy a better gun. If it's back to roots, we gotta have stuff like Uzi's, MAC-10s, Berettas, Desert Eagles, Magnum Revolvers, Double Barrel Shotguns you can use in drive bys, TEC9s, Lupara Pump Action Shotguns, SPAS-12s, S&W .38 Revolvers, AK-47s, Mossbergs etc
  • Instead of "buying" territory, or completing activities to takeover territories, we go back to the old "urban warfare" things such as completing missions, and strongholds, maybe even add a gang war activity (or something) to decrease an enemy's presence in a territory, allowing missions, and strongholds to be easier by extension...and make the game more "back to roots" in the hood.
  • Bring back the ability to be busted, no more "health under <30 to be busted" no more "busting doesn't exist" crap, make Police more than just glorified gangs.
  • Activities stay as Activities, none of this lazy "activities in missions" crap, it was lazy in SRTT, It wasn't as bad in SRIV and it was just a crime in GOOH.
  • No Pre-Order crap, or anything beyond a "Special Edition" (with physical goodies) provide the game as-is, and people will love you for the no bullshit.
  • Don't rush the game, if there's bugs squash them, I will refer to the famous Shigeru Miyamoto line "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." Agents of Mayhem's release ultimately proved that quote right, which is why it did so poorly (well and people having hissy fits about not having Saints Row 3.75 lol) combined with the no pre-order bullshit line, and no microtransactions SRV will be an instant hit.
  • For the love of god...no microtransactions, or locking content behind day 1 dlcs, I can understand that THQ were going under, and you needed to do it back then, but now we no longer need such abysmal practices.
  • Focus on DLC "Expansions" not popcorn content...have a standardized theme, add lots of content for each DLC, have missions, weapons, etc
  • Provide lots of cheats that you unlock by "calling" them in...bonus points if you make up phone numbers for them, and have them appear in world.

It dosen't make sense Johnny was loyal to your protagonist and would never betray him/her. That is about as bad as the Hydra Cap stuff in Marvel or the evil Sindel stuff in the new abortion of a game that is Mortal Kombat 11. Johnny is your closest ally and in my stories I pair him romantically with my Saints protagonist Mikey Shang.

Here is the deal as I have said before I will only play the game if it takes place after Saints Row 2 specifically the DLC of that game and ignores all of the games that came after it and follows the story it should have followed post Saints Row 2 IE that your Boss goes to a new city and goes after Dex. The Saints could maybe deal with 3 new gangs in order to get to him or even more then that. I even wouldn't mind if say they used the Syndicate provided they were more fleshed out and given better stories but in general I would like some new gangs. Also no killing off Johnny Gat or having him betray you. Shaundi should be like in Saints Row 2 and be fun and endearing not the unlikable fem Gat version they made of her in Saints Row the Third. I would be fine with them adding certain characters from the post Saints Row 2 games if they can fit in this new story. Like I adored Kinzie for instance and think she would fit well. Basically what I would have is that your protagonists and your Saints lieutenants namely your second in command Johnny Gat along with your other lieutenants Shaundi, Pierce and Tera Patrick would go to aid you in the new city. There would also be romance options. Johnny Gat and Tera would be romance options for either gender you could play as were as Shaundi would be a romance option for a male protagonist and Pierce for a female. One thing I would see is that if you don't get with Shaundi or Pierce then they would get together later in the game. Likewise if I added Kinzie she would be a romance option for either sex as well.

Oz6c4GG.png

actually i want SR5 to be a mix of all SR games ( Minus Aliens and superpowers)
Like a reboot where we start from an origin story, liks SR1, which leads into the criminally famous aspect of SR:TT, and maybe the evil corporation aspect of SR2 mixed with SR:TT's advanced military, could leak in there somewhere?
Would be cool to have side missions be a little less grounded and maybe get an activity where we help some nut job conspiracy theorist investigate some possible Zin sightings.

Back