Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

This is completely out of nowhere, I wonder if they've been actively looking for the source code or just stumbled upon it by accident and decided this should happen.
I got into saints row with 3 and later played 2 on PC, to find out I'll be able to play the console exclusive content has completely blown me away, and the fact that I'll get this for FREE because I already own the original port has me giddy.

This is completely out of nowhere, I wonder if they've been actively looking for the source code or just stumbled upon it by accident and decided this should happen.
I got into saints row with 3 and later played 2 on PC, to find out I'll be able to play the console exclusive content has completely blown me away, and the fact that I'll get this for FREE because I already own the original port has me giddy.
It was absolutely not an accident. IdolNinja had been hunting for the source code for ages so we all have him and his unwavering persistence & dedication to the game to thank for this.

This is great. Crossing fingers but I hope it means the SDK that was mentioned years ago will finally come to fruition, as it would be great to have an official method to export models that doesn't involve 3D ripping an entire scene.

I registered here just for the sole purpose to thank IdolNinja and all the other guys on Volition for this to be happening.

I found series two months ago and fell in love with Saints Row exactly with SR2 on PC and now I already tackle SRIV. On my birthday this year (Aug. 14) it was announced new SR game is in development so it was anazing gift. And now I discover we will be getting new update to the game to bring PC experience closer to Console one and on top of that we will be gifted a chance to play "Ultor Exposed" and "Corporate Warfare" and many new things.

I just... just wanted to thank you from all my heart for this <3

It's my understanding that the GoG version is essentially the same as the Steam version, so it's entirely possible that an update for GoG could happen in the future once this patch is released.

I'd love to share that optimism :/

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/494590500?t=44m40s
Considering that there are only Steam and Gog for legit PC versions (at least to my knowledge) it does feel like a nasty scoff without actually speaking it out loud.

Well... nothing left but wait and see and hoping for some breadcrumbs to fall off the table.

edit
fixed link, something else got in for whatever reason. Never even saw the other clip oO

Last edited:
Back