Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Big thanks to those running the show!

As a modder, I want the following enhancements to the game. I hope this request isn't too late because I heard that the update doesn't have an ETA yet.

* Ability to load modded files directly from the disk, as in SRTT and SRIV.
* Enable string, io, and file modules in Lua. This will enable us to save and load custom settings. (i.e. SuperUI)
* Raise or completely eliminate the upper limit of Navpoints, Triggers, etc, in cts files. With the default *.cts files of GotR 1.9.2, there are only 30 free slots of Navpoints remaining.
* Backport get_object_pos from SRTT and SRIV.
The new SR2 will not be compatible with Saints Row Powertools, and without any replacements we will not be able to get the player's coordinates.
* Backport teleport_to_object from SRTT, including the heading_offset param. This will eliminate the need to add new navpoints for custom warps.
* Add a way to get the orientation of an object (i.e. Which way the player is facing). Currently setting correct facing is 100% trial and error.
* Add a way to inspect a Mover's UID. I want to know the ID of the door of Sea Roses pub, for use with custom missions.
* Add a way to share global variables between Gameplay and UI Lua contexts. This will allow Sandbox++ or any other mods to be controlled from Pause Menu. My proposal is:
** set_shared_variable(variable_name, value): Create or modify a variable shared between contexts
** get_shared_variable(variable_name): Get the shared variable

If anyone at Volition is reading my post, thanks, and please consider my suggestions. These will greatly help the longevity of your awesome game.

Thank you!

Volition please listen to this guy he's pretty smart!

This is great news! I wont be doing much on the updated version of the game as im retired from modding saints row for the most part. But i Can't wait to test this new version out!

I would also like to make a sugestion on adding the unused maps in mp to actually be used

It's really cool that this series that we love so much has developers that want us to have the best experience and have just as much passion as the players. As much complaining as I and many others have done about recent entries to the franchise I do have to give them credit for doing this in an era of gaming that is based around nothing but short term profit. EA are releasing games completely broken and Volition are releasing patches 10 years later. They deserve all the love and respect in the world for that.

New features I'm most excited about:
  1. Full fidelity stereo sound. That's one of the reasons I didn't play the PC version. Mono lo-fi sound would have annoyed me to no end after playing it on the Xbox 360.
  2. Significantly longer draw distance! I CAN'T WAIT! :D

Back