Saints Row 1 in Saints Row 2?

Is it possible to port interiors, vehicles, and NPCs from Saints Row 1 into Saints Row 2?
Also, could one be able to add collision detection to the interiors under the map that don't have it?
Furthermore, it would be awesome to have all the radio stations from the Saints Row games, including the music, to SR2, but KBOOM WMD would do just fine.
Finally, I would love to have a mission where you kill Dex.

A mission to kill Dex made from scratch could actually be possible but it would be amateur at best.
The rest of which you are requesting is impossible. If you want to listen to SR1 music, just open in it a music player outside of SR2.

I think that it would be more exciting to see Dex in a later title. Perhaps in a possible sequel we could see Dex and Loren as Saints Row's version of the Dimitri, Pegorino ending of GTA 4. Also, Ben King could be a minor character in a spinoff game that has a more noire feel to it.

think its possible but just no one's doing it.
heards that SR1 & SR2 are same engine so that should make it easier.

people are trying to port gta lcs & vcs on sa, hope SR will soon receive same treatment.
if not, fuck you saints row 1 & old THQ

think its possible but just no one's doing it.
heards that SR1 & SR2 are same engine so that should make it easier.

people are trying to port gta lcs & vcs on sa, hope SR will soon receive same treatment.
if not, fuck you saints row 1 & old THQ
That's interesting. I hope one day that we can have both Stilwaters to explore and be able to wear those rings with gems like a real boss.

You obviously don't know shit about the game and I've never seen you create anything so why even bother being so rude and acting like it's the easiest thing in the world. If you took maybe 2 minutes to read anything on this site you would easily understand that its not just people being lazy, there are limits way out of our control.
most things i stated are simply facts.
"no one doing port" is a fact. (u interpret it as "people are lazy", our fanbase isn't as large as gta thus less volunteers on everything)
"i heard they are the same engine" is a fact,
"porting things within the same engine is easier than different engine" is also a fact. (here "easier" doesn't mean "easy", it means "less difficult")
"people are porting gta LCS & VCS (playstation exclusive) to San Andreas (pc)" is a fact.

using that logic, porting SR1 to SR2 sounds possible, i didn't say its easy though, as lcs & vcs ports are still not yet completed for years.

the only thing slightly rude is my last sentense "fuck you saints row 1 & old THQ". i would never take back my words there, i have no respect for xbox exclusive as its promoting for Microsoft, a disgusting business.

if you can say "took maybe 2 minutes to read anything on this site you would easily understand that its not just people being lazy", why don't you post the link here and inform the OP that its impossible, that would be helpful.

responding to your enquiry about me not creating anything. yes, i don't create mod for Saints Row but other games when i was younger.
i'm a late comer of Saints Row and almost everything was already done by then.
i'm working nowadays and i don't have much free time anymore. haven't even completed SR4 despite the purchase was three years ago.
so when i do have freetime, i spend it on playing the gameS (not only SR), instead of focusing on modding leads to no play time.

Last edited:
You have to understand something. Look how big GTA community is, how many people mod GTA games - thousands. They have tools to port models, textures, animations,... between two games. SR community is small and SR modding community even smaller. We have only a few tools made by 3 or 4 people from that group. SR4 is the most moddable Saints Row game, it has Steam Workshop support, you can add new clothing and weapons using tools made by Volition! There were big plans for that game but because of bad sales of Agents of Mayhem game (https://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-hit-agents-of-mayhem-developer-volition-1818844285) lots of people lost their job (even people that were working on modding tools).

Maybe SR3 was made on same engine as SR4 but you can't use same tools that were made for SR4 to add new clothing or weapons. It won't work. Porting city from one game to another isn't that simple. Just because both games use same file extension Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V won't work. You can only replace things but it's like 50% chance it will work.
In SR2 I don't think it's even possible to replace any model. Yes, you can replace textures, create new weapons or even create new missions (using assets that are already in game)!

What I'm trying to say? I don't think it's possible to port SR1 to SR2 as a mod because:
- we don't have tools
- we don't have people
- we don't have people how could made that tools

Let me add to this. Sure big endian to little endian etc yeah possible. Full on conversions with heat we have big no. Let me put it simple. Same engine, sure why not, saints row 2 is modified you can honestly telll bestween the chunk data that makes up the map, they are completely different even when reversed. You would need converters for literally every single file for sr1 to be brought to saints row 2 and in vice versa. Then you would have to have knowledge in how to convert the scripts to work properly, considering sr1 handles a lot of lua very very different than sr2 does. Sure on the surface a lot looks the same but they aren’t not even close to being 100% the same. If it’s just maps you are worried about, you in all need texture and chunk converters and that’s about it.

Back