Need help for packaging SR3 archives

Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools works only as an extraction tool for SR3 archives and in this place, the problems begin.
Gibbed Tools thread has dead links to volition tool appveyour and old gibbed tool 0.96 which create some xml
files to pack archive correctly so it is incompatible with other tools. Another way is to use alpha tool packager
vPkg but I kinda forgot how to use it.

How do you pack SR3 archives and if there exists the easiest pipeline?

upload_2019-5-19_20-29-7.png

Last edited:
I have only used the repacking str2 and it requieres a batch file for it to work.

Type the code in notepad and save it as .bat in the tools folder.

This is my code:
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe "file name" "Directory with your modded files"

Example:
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe custmesh_-1539797895.str2_pc C:\Users....\custmesh_-1539797895

After this I just drag and drop the folder to the repacking tool.

Last edited:
I have only used the repacking str2 and it requieres a batch file for it to work.

Type the code in notepad and save it as .bat in the tools folder.

This is my code:
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe "file name" "Directory"

Example:
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.PackSTR2.exe custmesh_-1539797895.str2_pc C:\Users....\custmesh_-1539797895

After this I just drag and drop the folder to the repacking tool.
Thanks

You might need to use the gibbed tools extractor tho, it creates a file that the repacker needs for it to work.
It kinda breaks pipeline. You need extra planning step which little irritates me so I thought there was some similar approach to make archives like for SR4.

It kinda breaks pipeline. You need extra planning step which little irritates me so I thought there was some similar approach to make archives like for SR4.
Is not that hard once you get used to it, but yes, modifying or creating the bat for each use can be frustrating.

Back