The Final Frontier

So, the only way that we can legitimately add the interiors from Saints Row 1 to Saints Row 2 is to recreate them? If so, once we get a hold of the geometry tools, we can do wonderful things. However, it could most definitely be the greatest challenge ever faced in Saints Row modding in my opinion. I don't know that much about modding, but I'd think this would be a fun little project for me. The first thing that I would work on would be the mansion, for obvious reasons. I'm kinda skeptical that it will be as easy as I think, but I'm optimistic that this can be done.

I dunno my friend, i think you are being way to optimistic trying to fulfill a dream. We dont even have those tools for the newer games, which are way more documented on modding info. Volition wont make any more tools, so unless you can understand how the game works and how it was made, you have to create them yourself.

Besides that, is also the ingame limitations, SR games are really hard coded, and have a memory limit usage for the game assets. For example Volition had to modify SR4 in order to add extra content to it. And for SR2, considering how shitty and broken the pc port is ... modifying a 3d file seems not worth the try.

I dunno my friend, i think you are being way to optimistic trying to fulfill a dream. We dont even have those tools for the newer games, which are way more documented on modding info. Volition wont make any more tools, so unless you can understand how the game works and how it was made, you have to create them yourself.

Besides that, is also the ingame limitations, SR games are really hard coded, and have a memory limit usage for the game assets. For example Volition had to modify SR4 in order to add extra content to it. And for SR2, considering how shitty and broken the pc port is ... modifying a 3d file seems not worth the try.
Well, maybe in the future if I have some money to play around with, I'll invest in some kind of Saints Row remaster. You never know what tomorrow will bring, and it's good to invest in your interests. It makes you more active in your investments, there's less stress and more fun.

Back