Saints Row movie in development

Admixon

I can't believe it.

"F. Gary Gray, director of The Fate of the Furious, is set to direct a film adaptation of the Saints Row video games.

As reported by Deadline, development is still in the early stages, but Greg Russo is attached to write the screenplay. Russo is currently scripting the Mortal Kombat movie reboot for Warner Bros., as well as the Resident Evil movie reboot.

So far there’s no story details, but the films will presumably take plenty of inspiration from the games, which follow the exploits of the Third Street Saints gang in the fictional cities of Stilwater and Steelport. The series’ debut on Xbox 360 was somewhat serious, but the sequels increased the amount of comedy and outlandish action involved. As such, the director of a Fast and Furious film seems the ideal fit."

source: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...lopment-with-the-fate-of-the-furious-director

What do you think about it?

I think a Saints Row movie will not be as good as the video games, I think some series should not leave their birth place, but let's see what happens, if they don't make parodies of Marvel movies I'll watch it. xD

Yeah, I think something like Saints Row doesn't work well as a movie, starting with the problem of who to cast as the character that can be freely customized by the player.

This pretty you going be the default character that we see in sr3 and 4

Default player in sr1 is white 2nd in sr2 is black wasn't finally til it the third. U will see the glass that he weres all time like a movie star

I'm excited to see where they want to go with it - hopefully this time the project lasts longer than the first two times there was word of a Saints Row movie adaptation. For me, ideally the story would take place before the events of Saints Row or in the gap between 1 and 2. That way it could focus on the Saints lieutenants and the other gang leaders without ruining my headcanon of the boss. On the other hand, I'd also love it if they'd embrace the absurdity of the later Saints Row games and just have a new actor play the boss in every other scene without any of the characters addressing it, except for the occasional remark about their hair looking different.

That's awesome! I hope the movie starts with these quotes:
Hustler: "Watches! I've got watches here! Yo! Hey man, this shit'd cost you 600 dollars in the store...aw whatever...watches!"
The Protagonist walks past the Hustler
Stripper: "Hey baby, I could show you a good time..."
The Protagonist stops at the Stripper
Levar: "Oh, hell no!"
Vice Kings unnamed white male: "Man, fuck the Rollerz!"
Vice Kings unnamed black male: "Levar! You gonna let those bitches disrespect us?!"
Levar: "Shit, what you think?"
Levar sprays over the Westside Rollerz tag
Westside Rollerz unnamed white male: "Fuck you think you're doin'?"
Vice Kings unnamed white male: "Jus' bein' civic minded, is all."
Westside Rollerz unnamed asian male: "That so?"
Vice Kings unnamed black male: "Yeah, some dumb ass cracka went and shit on this wall, and we jus' cleanin' it up."
The Westside Rollerz and Vice Kings fight, and a Los Carnales Hollywood pulls up
Los Carnales unnamed Hispanic male: "Hector says "Buenas noches..."
Levar: "Shit!"
There is a shootout and the sole survivor approaches The Protagonist
Vice Kings unnamed black male: "Wrong time, wrong place, dawg."
There is a gunshot and the screen goes dark
Julius: "You okay, playa?"
Troy: "Julius, let's move."
The Carnales Hollywood explodes
Julius: "That don't look so bad, you should be fine. That's Troy. You can thank him later."
Troy: "Hey."
Julius: "The Row ain't safe no more, son. We got gangs fightin' over shit that ain't theirs, and you in they way. They don't care if you representin' or not."
Troy: "Julius, this is no time to recruit..."
Julius: "We need all the help we can get, son."
Troy: "No, we need to get our asses outta here."
Julius: "In a minute! Look, the Row's got a problem. Come to the church when you wanna be a part of the solution.""

That would be a good movie!

Back