Script to Freeze Closest Car in Front of Player While in Vehicle

Hello all.

It's quite annoying to RP as a cop during traffic stops when there is no way to get the NPCs to pull over and stop properly. They just drive off once you exit your cruiser.

Would someone please make a LUA script or some means to keep the NPC motorists stationed in one spot while you have exited the police car or at least still have the siren on?

Hello all.

It's quite annoying to RP as a cop during traffic stops when there is no way to get the NPCs to pull over and stop properly. They just drive off once you exit your cruiser.

Would someone please make a LUA script or some means to keep the NPC motorists stationed in one spot while you have exited the police car or at least still have the siren on?

I understand your problem, yes it is annoying. I wish I had the knowledge to make a Lua script, I'd be done released it by now.

I understand your problem, yes it is annoying. I wish I had the knowledge to make a Lua script, I'd be done released it by now.

If you can point me to a section where the internal LUA functions are viewable, I may be able to figure out how to script it myself. It is probably due to the AI's driving behavior because, even when parking in front of their vehicle (a trick I use in other games), they still navigate around it and keep driving normally.

Lua functions (Not fully documented): https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sr2-lua-functions-list-wip.17189/#post-107328

Also I don't know how to do it via LUA script, however there is a unused cheat called EvilCars2, once enabled this cheat pretty much disables Vehicle AI when you get near them. Like the AI completely goes away, the NPC is more or less a paperweight at this point lol. You will see cars and such driving in the background, but once you get near them AI turns off and the vehicles come to a slow stop. Idk if that will be what you want as I know it's not realistic but it's the closest we have atm.

Back