Shaders(Materials) Explained

Mat_Alpha_Mode 1/2/3 Then adjust texture alpha, the darker the place, the more transparent it is.

Mat_Alpha_Mode 0 opaque

1 >50% opaque ≤50% transparent
2 <50% transparent =50% translucent >50% opaque
3 Support arbitrary values

Mat_Alpha_Mode 1/2/3 Then adjust texture alpha, the darker the place, the more transparent it is.

Mat_Alpha_Mode 0 opaque

1 >50% opaque ≤50% transparent
2 <50% transparent =50% translucent >50% opaque
3 Support arbitrary values
This is not how my texture works

Does ir_sr3npcskinfull supports transparency? Or is there a way to add the sphere map support to ir_at_bbsimple1 ?

Im trying to simulate a hair with reflections, the diffuse has transparency, but i cant use it without sacrificing the sphere map.

Considering <Mat_Alpha_Mode>2</Mat_Alpha_Mode> doesnt seem to work for sr3npcskinfull

the diffuse has transparency
This is how it works:
If you add your tga that contains transparency to the model in Maya you'll notice that Maya added something
trans.png

And tha's how I was able to add diffuse with transparency.
Maybe it will help you with your problem

Does ir_sr3npcskinfull supports transparency? Or is there a way to add the sphere map support to ir_at_bbsimple1 ?

Im trying to simulate a hair with reflections, the diffuse has transparency, but i cant use it without sacrificing the sphere map.

Considering <Mat_Alpha_Mode>2</Mat_Alpha_Mode> doesnt seem to work for sr3npcskinfull
I guess this is impossible, every shader has its own channel binding, alpha channel in the color map will be used as blend map for two sphere maps.

I guess this is impossible, every shader has its own channel binding, alpha channel in the color map will be used as blend map for two sphere maps.
There's a chance this is due to me rather arbitrarily defining Maya's transparency slot as the input for blend maps. I honestly thought it would use the alpha channel of the color map for transparency, regardless of whether there's something plugged into the slot called "transparency" in Maya or not. Anyhow, you can change the texture slot binding in the converter script right around line 4353. This is how the relevant code segment should look by default:
textureSlotBinding1.PNG

Again, I thought there wouldn't be a conflict when using blend maps and alpha transparency (outside of Maya), but you can try binding the blend map to a different slot, say DiffuseFactor. The change in the script would look something like this:
textureSlotBinding2.PNG

In this edit I removed support for pattern maps to free up the DiffuseFactor texture slot for blend maps. Note that I could have bound pattern maps to the transparency slot instead, but I guess for the sake of testing it's best not to assign anything other than the alpha channel of the diffuse map to the transparency slot anyway?

Back