Working Elevators mod - Back To Syndicate Tower

Now that we have a hacked up patch i can confirm, riding the train is now possible in SRTTR with your mod :D
That's great! Since riding the train works, I think all the elevators listed in the mod description should work too. The only issue will be that you can't open the garage door in Syndicate Tower with the Remastered edition. You should be able to land a helicopter on the roof and take the elevators down, however, but you'd need to make sure the original Syndicate Tower tower is selected first.

If anybody want to confirm that the elevators work, please let me know. Thanks!

So it's possible to add new elevators as well? Let's say a teleport prompt in front of the Safeword building its main doors so we can head inside as well as at the back entrance? And perhaps one at the power plant? I tried to create a new entry myself since all the other elevators work in the remastered version, I checked the coordinates with sandbox+ in the og game, however the prompt doesn't show for me despite being similar in structure compared to the other elevators.

So it's possible to add new elevators as well?
If you are familiar with Lua and programming, yes, it should be quite easy using the existing infrastructure. You just need to add the new elevators to the table.
Let's say a teleport prompt in front of the Safeword building its main doors so we can head inside as well as at the back entrance?
You can already open the Safeword front doors using the Sonic Boom gun. That works in the base game without any mods. However, remember, once Safeword has been converted to a crib, you can no-longer enter it (the interior is removed when it's converted to a crib).
And perhaps one at the power plant?
Same as Safeword -- once it's a crib, the interior is gone so any teleporting would probably drop you through the bottom of the map.
I tried to create a new entry myself since all the other elevators work in the remastered version, I checked the coordinates with sandbox+ in the og game, however the prompt doesn't show for me despite being similar in structure compared to the other elevators.
One thing to know: Sandbox+ swaps the Y and Z coordinates when it displays them. So that may be the issue you are running into. This mod uses the standard Lua order of coordinates, so you'll need to swap the Y and Z coordinates displayed by Sandbox+ before you enter them into the Lua code.

If you'd like me to take a look, you can send me your Lua file. You can post it somewhere online (not here) like dropbox and send me the link in a private message.

Last edited:
If you are familiar with Lua and programming, yes, it should be quite easy using the existing infrastructure. You just need to add the new elevators to the table.

You can already open the Safeword front doors using the Sonic Boom gun. That works in the base game without any mods. However, remember, once Safeword has been converted to a crib, you can no-longer enter it (the interior is removed when it's converted to a crib).

Same as Safeword -- once it's a crib, the interior is gone so any teleporting would probably drop you through the bottom of the map.

One thing to know: Sandbox+ swaps the Y and Z coordinates when it displays them. So that may be the issue you are running into. This mod uses the standard Lua order of coordinates, so you'll need to swap the Y and Z coordinates displayed by Sandbox+ before you enter them into the Lua code.

If you'd like me to take a look, you can send me your Lua file. You can post it somewhere online (not here) like dropbox and send me the link in a private message.

OOooh so it switches the coordinates around, so that's the issue. Thanks, I'll try to fix it again. And yeah, I swapped the zones back to their original states. The sonic boom gun trick doesn't seem to work anymore though for me even when fully charged, so I used the shock hammer on the back entrance, that still works for some reason.

I want to use this mod, but...

I'm currently using the "SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.7" mod, and I also want to use "Lower Drawbridges and Disable Zombies" mod with this but my issue is both of them uses different edits of same file sr3_city.lua! Can someone add version of this mod compatible with the two aforementioned mods, please?

Back