Finally a possibility to play as NPC models?

So as most already know, in SR3 and 4 it wasn't possible to change the player character into using NPC parts or anything like that since they were structured totally different. In Gat Out of Hell, the player now just seems to use a simple NPC model and is able to switch to different ones, as for example in the new insurance fraud version. So would this mean there would finally be a possibility to allow the player to play as various NPCs and stuff? Maybe even ones taken from SR4?

I've also been interested in this. Hopefully it is a possibility as it seems, but the NPCs you CAN play as may just be the exceptions to the rule. I second this though, would be great for someone to look into.

doesn't look likely, using this mod to open the planet zin and image as designed stores: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/cheats-phone-store-menu-in-gat-out-of-hell.8939/
it appears that the Gat and Kinzie models may actually be articles of clothing slapped onto a standard male/female boss model respectively. though may be possible if an updated SDK comes along.
No the gat and kinzie models are models as shown in characters.vpp_pc they are listed as hellgat and hellkinzie

No the gat and kinzie models are models as shown in characters.vpp_pc they are listed as hellgat and hellkinzie

strange... both their bodies (and gat's super-powered outfit from SRIV) and head models are there under the same name 'johnny gat mascot' if you force open planet zin, (although that may have been put their by the mod author to allow changing back to kinzie/gat). this is why I actually leave modding to people that have the patience for it.

strange... both their bodies (and gat's super-powered outfit from SRIV) and head models are there under the same name 'johnny gat mascot' if you force open planet zin, (although that may have been put their by the mod author to allow changing back to kinzie/gat). this is why I actually leave modding to people that have the patience for it.

i know that theyre models because i ported them myself to saints row 4
GAT.png

To answer this - they're *both*.

There are character models for in-game and cutscene use such as Kinzie in the first mission, but the actual player character is always a standard SR player character wearing a Gat or Kinzie suit.

Back