SRIV SDK Release B: Creating new weapon tutorial

View attachment 20142View attachment 20143
1) Your weapon is far from zero coordinate it's no good

2) Your root_bone has scale 0.393 it's a bad, you should scale bone root to 2.54 and only before export
View attachment 20148

3) Your weapon has tag_secondary_handle it sometimes doesn't work right for the melee, delete it

View attachment 20154
How to fix it

First select bone_root and scale it to 1.0
View attachment 20149

selected hammer and unbind skin
View attachment 20145

then unlock all attributes
View attachment 20146

set scale to 1.0
View attachment 20155

And freeze transform
View attachment 20147

Select mesh first, then add bone_root to selection and bind skin
View attachment 20150

Place tags where they should be and delete tag_secondary_handle
View attachment 20151

Set bone_root scale to 2.54 and export to fbx

View attachment 20152

Scale root _bones is only affecting tags so when 2.54 only compensating some engine flaw, 0393

View attachment 20156
Oh, ok, I'll try to fix it now. Thanks

Hey henry, Im having an issue rn. When adding the item to the game, seems like the the desired mesh is not replacing the cloned item. Its weird because the newtexture are applied to the default sword... Is this a bug of the converter? Or what else can be causing this problem?

206420_20180920170305_1.png

Hey henry, Im having an issue rn. When adding the item to the game, seems like the the desired mesh is not replacing the cloned item. Its weird because the newtexture are applied to the default sword... Is this a bug of the converter? Or what else can be causing this problem?

View attachment 20317
1) To replace item your 3d model should has same name, this shouldn's has "-" symbols in maya, and in your case seem some problem with the naming I guess
2) For the right positioning, your should freeze transform after scaling\moving rotating and skin it to root_bone

I attach archive with tutorial file, you can open it, set scale for the root_bone to 1.0, delete my mesh, skin with your, set bone_root scale again to 2.54 and export it

Attachments

• _mod_melee_tutor.7z
    59 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
1) To replace item your 3d model should has same name, this shouldn's has "-" symbols in maya, and in your case seem some problem with the naming I guess
2) For the right positioning, your should freeze transform after scaling\moving rotating and skin it to root_bone

I attach archive with tutorial file, you can open it, set scale for the root_bone to 1.0, delete my mesh, skin with your, set bone_root scale again to 2.54 and export it

Thanks henry, i got it after experimenting a little more. When cloning the light sword, the mesh wasnt replaced, so I cloned the bat and it worked as expected. Weird considering I followed the same steps in both cases.

And whenever i scaled the root_bone to 2.54 the sword ended up with giant proportions. I omitted this step and the sword is right scaled now. It works perfectly fine now.

206420_20180922141610_1.png

Thanks henry, i got it after experimenting a little more. When cloning the light sword, the mesh wasnt replaced, so I cloned the bat and it worked as expected. Weird considering I followed the same steps in both cases.

And whenever i scaled the root_bone to 2.54 the sword ended up with giant proportions. I omitted this step and the sword is right scaled now. It works perfectly fine now.

View attachment 20333
That means you skipped the step with scale down real size model to 0.384 and freeze transform, it's not so big problem with a melee weapon but tag positioning became pretty messy. Melee has only two: first hand and impact so this problem will be hardly visible until you add some effect to them.

That means you skipped the step with scale down real size model to 0.384 and freeze transform, it's not so big problem with a melee weapon but tag positioning became pretty messy. Melee has only two: first hand and impact so this problem will be hardly visible until you add some effect to them.

I scaled it to 0.384 as you said. Probably i messed up at the freezing step. Ill check it on the next time I try.

206420_20181108195650_1.png

First time making a new gun, no problems so far. But... is there a way to remove the guns magazine? I deleted the mesh and the tag but it keeps appering

Back