Saints Row: The Third announced for the Switch

It's a very strange decision to port SRTT, first came out in 2011, to Nintendo Switch. But I can speculate why:
* It is possible that Volition and the rest of THQ have no access to Saints Row 1/2 source code anymore, or the codes were very tightly made for Xbox360 and PS3 and thus difficult to port compared to SRTT and newer games.
* SRTT was Volition's last open-world GTA-like Third Person Shooter game, which is a very popular genre but Nintendo Switch is currently lacking them. SRIV, GOOH, and (AFAIK) AOM are superhero action games and belongs in a different genre.
* Volition probably wanted to expand their audience to Nintendo users.
* This will be the first portable Saints Row game (besides SR1/2 for mobile phones and the cancelled SR Undercover)

I don't own Switch, but I wonder if this port will feature a few exclusive costumes (e.g. Mario Hat)

* Volition probably wanted to expand their audience to Nintendo users.

It's not about what the studio wants, but rather a Publisher decision. As Admixon mentioned, we aren't doing the port.

Actually it's not, if it gets more people interested in the franchise. Just seems that they missed the mark in which one to select, though the thought that they had no access to the code of 1 or 2 makes perfect sense.

Just like Volition didn't port SR2 to PC, the port was done by CD Projekt Black.

Actually it's not, if it gets more people interested in the franchise. Just seems that they missed the mark in which one to select, though the thought that they had no access to the code of 1 or 2 makes perfect sense.
Isn't it just the source code of the botched PC port of SR2 that they're missing? They could always re-port it from scratch (and make a lot of fans worldwide happy) but they're a hugely smaller studio now and can't afford to do it themselves. Perhaps these Fishlabs folks might be inclined...

This is the Move they (Deep Silver) should have done or even release an Expansion for SR4 vs making AOM (A Overwatch Parody & end up competing against Fornite) or making GOF3 or CGI Trailers or Sex Tapes.
Cause there is no GTA or Watchdogs on that Platform so they basically have no Competition (All the Money is theirs).

Also Switch is Powerful Enough (Like WiiU = PS3), its very Popular & SR3 doesn't need a much power...hence it the Game's Age is perfect also if SR4 is 64-Bit & Switch still using 32-bit or even 64-bit then either way SR3 can work for it.

This is a smarter move than trying to put SR2 (A PS3 game) on PSP...when people can only put Modified PS2 Ports on PSP (WWE 2k10, GTA:VCS, Phantasy Star Portable 2, La Pucelle Tactics, etc).

As much as SR2 & Sr1 (I saw the Cutscenes, saw the Old Color Map...why was it downgraded) were great, Graphics & Bugs wise, its Better to go with SR3's Easy Customization, Simple Eastern/Western Art Style/Graphics and its possibly the easiest on the Hardware...the only thing we don't get is SR4's Weapon Costumes & Powers...but if they put SR4 or a Superhero SR4 Spinoff on Switch = They might end up being a Superhero game on Switch with No Competition (Prototype & Infamous probably couldn't run on Switch).

Sad though when Koch Media had GOF & SR...they didn't think to make an Actual Gangsta's In Space
I literally came up with this idea before GOF2 was released on Android, back when Galactic Phantasy Prelude was the only Space Shooter I could find and when I beat it, the ending had a Dialogue where a Pirate boards your Ship (Cause GOF's Ships = Fighter Jets vs GPP's Ships = Battle Cruisers w/Crew Members) & shoots your friend so I gave the idea for a Third-Person Shooter & Space Shooter (We now know as Star Citizen)...getting to Board ships and defend your own.
The Following is simplier version

- GOF3: Making it better, simplify the Trading & Mining & adding to the Genre
- GOF3: Maybe being able to come outside the ship or Station to Defend against Boarding
- GOF3: Defending Stations against Waves of Raiders, Pirates & Void
- GOF3: Part take in Space Wars (Bigger Space Fights) rather trying to fix your Reputation (Easy or Hard way out)
- GOF3: Explore Space Stations on Foot, being able to re-use & plant Ship's Nuke on other ships or stations in Covert Missions (So when you Board Your Ship > Detonate Nuke)
- GOF3: Make it that the Pilot has matching gear based on Ship, Guns Mounted, Explosives Mounted, Modules Mounted (Meaning we don't need to find seperate gear for the Pilot, what your Ship Equipts is what your Pilot automatically is equipts a Pilot Version of based on Icon, Texture or Mesh and you can re-use the Ship's Texture for the Spacesuit like Monster Hunter does for its Warrior's Armor & Weapons...its probably why MHW is 20GB & AOM is 38GB)
[e.g. Primary Weapons: Laser = Sniper Rifle, Thermo = SMGs, Blaster = Shotgun, EMP = Pistol, Auto-Cannon = Gatling, Scatter Gun = Assault Rifle.
Use "Change Bomb-Nuke/Missile/Rocket" Menu as a Pilot for switching Weapons, SMGs/Pistols/Assault Rifle/Shotguns can Dual Wield so
2x Sunfire o50 = Dual Vulcantor SMGs, Dark Matter Laser = Anti-Atom Sniper Rifle & N'assn = B'ckkrn Shotgun, if you have say 4 Weapons on your Ship 1st 2 same can be Dual, 2nd 2 can be switched or boost 1st 2, if different then need Switch)
[e.g. Ships:
- Dark Angel = Assualt Angel Armor (Same Color/Plating Scheme, with the Turret Mount on Front-Chest, Side-Thigh/Shoulders/Ankles, Helmet like Epoch Robot)
- H'Soc = H've Gamma Armor (Chest/Back/Legs Scaled w/Green Edges, Cobra Helmet like the Wings)
- Nemesis = Research Ion Armor (Look like AOM Robot w/Doctor's Lab Coat, & a Cyclops Helmet w/Wing Horns that come down & curve at the shoulder)
[e.g. Modules
- Mining/Mining Laser = Pilot comes out, takes a tethered Mining Laser off the Ship floats on surface of Asteroid (Collision = a Simple Sphere or Cube, let the Laser make up the rest) mining glowing bumps (Hold to Mine, Release to Avoid Breaking, Pressure Fluxs at Random or Stay in the direction of none Pressure)...Mining Laser show Ore type & Possible Core
- Armor/Shield = Increase Pilot's Armor & Shield
- Booster/Thrusters = Jetpack & Jetpack Fuel
- Compressor/Tractor Beam = Item Pickup/Transfer Speed to Ship from Pilot, Amount and Limit
- Repair Bot = Body Shield & Healer
- Turrets = Remote Shooter, Enemy Alerter
- Cloak = Cloak
- Scanner = Scanner + Vital Signs of Pilot & others]

Why was my post deleted?

Last edited:
Back