SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Modding Tutorial

i dont care. i just want standalone stag weaponry. im having a hard time finding the weapon costume thing for the stag rifle. it has the shotgun. but no rifle.

ugh. im about to just wait for someone else. it shouldnt be too hard to edit in stag items.
and why stop there? with enough patience theres templates for all the sr3-era weaponry!

If all went correctly, then you will have your modified files in your packaging folder! Take them and shove them in Saint Row IV's root folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV) and launch the game!​

What did you mean by "Take them and shove them in Saints Row 4 Folder" = All the Files or The Packaging Folder itself...that is what he/she meant...snap

Last edited:
Is it the engine bug? My weapon has two materials but clip always use material with ID 0. Clips that fall down after reloading have right texture\material but inserted clip somehow stucks with first material.
qA33lg2.jpg

Last edited:
Is it the engine bug? My weapon has two materials but clip always use material with ID 0. Clips that fall down after reloading have right texture\material but inserted clip somehow stuck with first material.
qA33lg2.jpg
Haven't encountered this behavior before, but it could definitely be a bug. Then again, why don't you intentionally make the mag use the first material, so you still have control oder how it looks?

Haven't encountered this behavior before, but it could definitely be a bug. Then again, why don't you intentionally make the mag use the first material, so you still have control oder how it looks?
It's very simple task in 3dmax, to change mat ID but I didn't find any working solution for maya. Renaming material doesn't work, saving FBX to ASCII format and changing material order also failed.

For me I need to know this cause I'm borrowing 2 different materials. How is it someone can combine 2 different Textures from 2 Different Weapon into 1 Material?

Hey! I'm kind of new to modding and Technical computer stuff in general and it seems the wxpython tool's webpage has changed since Randall Hess's video had been made and I'm not sure what it's telling me to do to install wx python. It looks like it wants me to paste "pip install -U wxPython" somewhere but I'm getting an error in powershell can someone point me in the right direction on what to do?

Back