SRTT MOD: Trouble with clothing mods

Hey everyone, this is actually my first time posting anything on the forums.

I'm posting to request help with something that has ended up confusing me to no end.
So to start out, I'll recap the events surrounding my confusion semi-quickly:

I downloaded the game, fuelled by teenage nostalgia, decided it was time to play this game with mods for the very first time, and I quickly found this lovely community and it's hard work over the years. I tried out some different mods, but ended up getting stuck in with clothes mods (specifically, I tried a few different clothes mods as I remember it, but ended up sticking with VIPER VENOM's ported items/Compilation Of Greatest Mods.), none of them where showing up in the stores nor the wardrobe. And after shifting the files around, reinstalling the game, and using ASM, I was slowly giving up.

But, in a last ditch attempt to try and overcome this obstacle, I downloaded VIPER's mod pack, unfortunately this did not help either. BUT WAIT! What the heck is that?? on the horizon i saw him, it was a rival gang member, and what did I see? HE WAS WEARING CUSTOM CLOTHES! THE HECK?

At this point I fell back in my chair, completely baffled at what I had just seen. That is how I ended up now writing on the forums for help. I had read somewhere that there might be a memory limitation? And I was ready to give up based on that, but after seeing the rival gang member, I just had to post a thread to see if anyone might know what in god's name is going with the game.

Also, to list out what I've tried so far to fix my issue:
-VIPER's ported items mod with no other mods installed, a fresh install of the game, DLC disabled, and with the files in the PC/Cache Then in the main folder.
-Same with Viper's "Compilation Of Greatest Mods" but here I also used ASM.

Other mods that don't affect clothing have worked perfectly, with no hitches to speak of. Actually the hair styles included in VIPER's mod worked perfectly.

As you can probably tell I don't have the slightest clue what to look for, nor where to look for it.

I would really appreciate any help and if someone might tell me if the game has changed and some things simply can't be modded like before, or if I'm doing something wrong, or if my game is simply cursed never to be compatible with such mods.

Thanks guys, and extra thanks to the modders for their awesome work.
I hope everyone has a great Summer.

Sorry, ASM-updater.
It was included in VIPER's Compilation, with instructions to use it to update the game files? I'm sorry but I really have no idea what it's precise function was.

Also, just to make sure, does a piece clothing have to replace a original piece, or can they exist independently?

Back