GOG version of SR2 fixed?

I was hovering around the shop and lamenting I didn't buy Duke 3D in time when I stumbled upon SR2, a game I already own in Steam and runs like a rotten lemon. However, while taking a look at the critics I saw one (the first one) that said:
"The game actually works now people. You don't need to copy paste your steam review here. The issues have been fixed. GOG really needs to tie game ownership with reviews."

Is this true? Is the Gog version actually playable? Because if that's so I don't mind rebuying the game.

I was hovering around the shop and lamenting I didn't buy Duke 3D in time when I stumbled upon SR2, a game I already own in Steam and runs like a rotten lemon. However, while taking a look at the critics I saw one (the first one) that said:
"The game actually works now people. You don't need to copy paste your steam review here. The issues have been fixed. GOG really needs to tie game ownership with reviews."

Is this true? Is the Gog version actually playable? Because if that's so I don't mind rebuying the game.
It's the same version as in the steam with 30FPS limiter via nvidia inspector and some basic fixes from the community. I guess this is a placebo effect for few people, there is no engine modification or work with source code.

It's the same version as in the steam with 30FPS limiter via nvidia inspector and some basic fixes from the community. I guess this is a placebo effect for few people, there is no engine modification or work with source code.
Damn, I really did think an official update was issued.

It's only the limiter, and no other fixes, community ones or otherwise. Minimaul confirmed this on release.

The only bad thing about the Gog version is it's capped at 30fps. Nothing that I know of can make the game run higher than 30fps and that sucks!

Back