Gentlemen of the Row - Get aluminum bat back

Hey guys, I use the Gentlemen of the Row mod pack and I love it. All the things added and the game runs so much better, it is an awesome pack. However I liked the Aluminum bat much better, it made a much more satisfying sound to hit.:p

Is there anyway I, a simple end user, can easily tweak the custom patch i have now so i will get the original Bat back? Including sounds.

Also I hope this correctly falls under "Mod Requests". I wasn't sure to put it here or under Saints Row 2 General Chat.

Hey guys, I use the Gentlemen of the Row mod pack and I love it. All the things added and the game runs so much better, it is an awesome pack. However I liked the Aluminum bat much better, it made a much more satisfying sound to hit.:p

Is there anyway I, a simple end user, can easily tweak the custom patch i have now so i will get the original Bat back? Including sounds.

Also I hope this correctly falls under "Mod Requests". I wasn't sure to put it here or under Saints Row 2 General Chat.

Sounds were not changed at all, so it may be something odd with the PC port itself. Have you tried the bat in vanilla and confirmed?

My memory on this is a bit fuzzy, but I think you should be able to switch them by simply using notepad to edit these 2 files in your extracted GotR folder :
..\optional_mod_stuff\modified\items_3d.xtbl
^ Search for cut_bat.smeshx and replace with p_aluminumbat.smeshx

..\optional_mod_stuff\preload.tbl
^ Search and replace all 4 instances of cut_bat with p_aluminumbat (keeping all the existing extensions.)

Hello, thanks for answering so quickly! I tested it and yes, the soundbit of the bat in vanilla is more metalic, it must be the PC port. Somehow i still like it better haha. It is I think, the same sound as the sledgehammer.

Switching with notepad, then building the patch, then went in game. Sadly my bat was invisible and the icon still was the wooden one. I also checked my old preload.tbl and it had indeed the same "p_aluminumbat". Then I also checked for typos that I might have made, but I did not make any since i copy pasted.

Looking through the modified GotR folder again, I believe that you may also need to also edit items_inventory.xtbl and find the baseball_bat entry and change:
<Filename>cut_bat.smeshx</Filename>
to
<Filename>p_aluminumbat.smeshx</Filename>

and
<Bitmap>ui_hud_inv_w_woodbat</Bitmap>
to
<Bitmap>ui_hud_inv_w_bat</Bitmap>

It worked, thanks a million! Also after some looking around I managed to extract my custom patch and edited weapons.xtbl to actually get the metal sound back too and then put it in 1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE. Then rebuild the same patch and it worked!

Back