This is very sad:(. This tool has potential to be level editor but without Volition help it hardly possible
Well, it would take a LOT more work to get to a level editor, but I was hoping to be able to at least add and remove things. But I had a long-standing goal to remove the door to the Syndicate Tower garage, and I finally accomplished that with this tool, so my primary objective was achieved. But I like the work you're doing a lot! Keep up the great work!

Okay maybe someone finds this useful online degree-radian quaternion converter-visualizer. quaternions.online SR games are using radians, also values can have e, so this means *10 in degree minus number after e
Also, this converter also is good. The game uses Y axis as vertical.
-----
Jeez...
20180527062909_1.jpg
20180527063917_1.jpg

Last edited:
You can use these zone file tools under Linux with Mono.

Ubuntu 18.04:
Ubuntu has a Mono runtime package you can just install and use very easily:
Code:
apt install mono-runtime
mono SRReadZone.exe
This will install the Mono runtime package (you only need to do this once) and then run the SRReadZone tool and display the usage message.

Last edited:
Well, it would take a LOT more work to get to a level editor, but I was hoping to be able to at least add and remove things. But I had a long-standing goal to remove the door to the Syndicate Tower garage, and I finally accomplished that with this tool, so my primary objective was achieved. But I like the work you're doing a lot! Keep up the great work!
Hello! And thank you for these wonderful tools! Will you still work on improving them, for example, to make it possible to add new objects to the map?
I noticed several things in Saints Row 4. If you add at least one .clmesh file to the .str2_pc file, adding it to the root folder of the game, when entering this game area, the game crashes.
When unpacking and repacking the .str2_pc file and adding it to the root folder of the game, when entering the edited zone, the character stops moving, regardless of whether both .asm_pc files have been updated or not. I tested the file 1314.str2_pc, but the same problem occurs with other files. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

Hello! And thank you for these wonderful tools! Will you still work on improving them, for example, to make it possible to add new objects to the map?
I noticed several things in Saints Row 4. If you add at least one .clmesh file to the .str2_pc file, adding it to the root folder of the game, when entering this game area, the game crashes.
When unpacking and repacking the .str2_pc file and adding it to the root folder of the game, when entering the edited zone, the character stops moving, regardless of whether both .asm_pc files have been updated or not. I tested the file 1314.str2_pc, but the same problem occurs with other files. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?
Asm updater can't update(add) files that not exist in asm file by default. That mean, you need convert asm file in xml, add new files info, and pack edited xml to asm and after this asm can be updated with new files.

Back