What do you do NOT want to see on SRV?

I think it would be interesting on hearing what you people have to say about

cant think of what i don't want to see in srV.
what i do want is a happy medium between sr2 and sr4s storytelling. if only to make the fans of both happy. in a way i'd rather it NOT lean towards one direction or another, but be a blend.

even then... some of the "fans" of sr2 are so damn stubborn they seem to hate fun.
nostalgia is a terrible thing.

cant think of what i don't want to see in srV.
what i do want is a happy medium between sr2 and sr4s storytelling. if only to make the fans of both happy. in a way i'd rather it NOT lean towards one direction or another, but be a blend.

even then... some of the "fans" of sr2 are so damn stubborn they seem to hate fun.
nostalgia is a terrible thing.
I love fun. SR2 is WAY more fun than SR4 to me. But I base my assessment almost entirely on the open world and not on the campaign. All the Saints Row games had pretty good campaigns.

But I love a good sandbox, and SR2 delivered that so well, it will always be my favorite. Saints Row 3 was not bad either, but SR4's open world is boring as hell. Not fun at all to me. I still enjoy going back and playing SR2 periodically and SR3 too, but I almost never play SR4 anymore. The one exception is "How The Saints Save Christmas", which I love, but I don't think that counts since it's DLC.

What I want: Saints Row IV's over the top gameplay with overpowered upgrades, combined with Saints Row 2's ability to use objects as weapons... you know because killing people with a trashcan is hilarious.

Just uhh would not like to see an Agent of Meyhem repeat. The characters in that were decent, but I hated the gameplay.

What I want: Saints Row IV's over the top gameplay with overpowered upgrades, combined with Saints Row 2's ability to use objects as weapons... you know because killing people with a trashcan is hilarious.

Just uhh would not like to see an Agent of Meyhem repeat. The characters in that were decent, but I hated the gameplay.
I second that! It just doesn't get better than killing people with trash cans! :D

I love fun. SR2 is WAY more fun than SR4 to me. But I base my assessment almost entirely on the open world and not on the campaign. All the Saints Row games had pretty good campaigns.

But I love a good sandbox, and SR2 delivered that so well, it will always be my favorite. Saints Row 3 was not bad either, but SR4's open world is boring as hell. Not fun at all to me. I still enjoy going back and playing SR2 periodically and SR3 too, but I almost never play SR4 anymore. The one exception is "How The Saints Save Christmas", which I love, but I don't think that counts since it's DLC.
fucking FINALLY.
an sr2 fan that presents a good arguement beyond "it's super powers and different. wah."
yah. that's the one reason why i go back to sr2 from time to time. sr2 handled the sandbox just that well. If only... IF ONLY i could mod sr2 stillwater into sr4 in its entirety....

i want sr5 to have sr4s super powered gameplay meshed into a well-detailed original city like sr2s stillwater.

fucking FINALLY.
an sr2 fan that presents a good arguement beyond "it's super powers and different. wah."
The main reasons I don't like superpowers are as follows:
  1. I love a good driving game, and I love the fact that you can create customized cool cars and store them in your garage. With superpowers, there is a disincentive to drive cars at all, which removes the utility of one of my favorite features of the older games. Yes, you CAN drive cars, but there's no reason to. That's a big difference to me as far as gameplay.
  2. Having superpowers makes the map seem even smaller than it would otherwise seem. Flying vehicles have some of the same effect, except that you need to commute to a heliport or airport to access one, so it's not so bad. I actually really liked games like Saints Row 1, Mafia II, and Sleeping Dogs which had no flying vehicles at all because they forced me to drive more, which I personally really enjoy. Those maps felt really big because of that.
  3. When I'm forced to stay on the ground, I feel more immersed in my environment. With superpowers, I feel kind of separated from the people, because I'm like a God. I prefer to be more a part of the environment rather than above it all.
Those are my arguments against superpowers, for what they're worth. I know it's personal opinion, but it's just the way I prefer to play.

So personally, I would prefer NOT to see superpowers in Saints Row V.

Last edited:
Back