Saints Row 2 Peg Texture Tool

This tool is awesome! Now I finally can open peg files in SR2!

SR2 Pegtool was almost completed in this version (v1.21).
I don't plan to increase the speed of DXT texture compression so far because there's a compiler limitations.
However, As for the generation of mipmaps, there may still be some improvements.
These improvement is very time consuming because it is necessary to study mathematics, implement algorithms, and check the quality of the actual image when rendered.
I have not found any bugs so far so I will look at the situation for a while in this version.

Currently I'm working on multi-threading of the sr2pegtool.
Although multi-threading of libsquish has been completed, speedup of image reduction has not been completed yet.
It is easy to speed up image reduction by DirectX API, but I avoid it to eliminate external dependency.

Currently I'm working on multi-threading of the sr2pegtool.
Although multi-threading of libsquish has been completed, speedup of image reduction has not been completed yet.
It is easy to speed up image reduction by DirectX API, but I avoid it to eliminate external dependency.
Hey there, Masamaru, glad to see you back on track! :>

Glad to see you back Masamaru, lately I been using these tools to help build my next version of my texture pack, these are great tools to have, thank you Masamaru.

Hi there!
I wrote the image reduction code for mipmap generation in C++. DDS conversion time has become very fast.
Currently the time required for DDS conversion in DXT format is about 0.15 seconds for textures of 512 × 512 size and about 0.6 seconds for 1024 × 1024 size.
I think I can publish the latest sr2pegtool and sr2chunktool soon.

(In SR 2, the size of the texture is small, so there are not many benefits of speeding up...)

Back