Tacky Hacky On Foot Radio: WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you got me interested, huh. I'd love to paint the town red with on-foot radio in the background, I'm looking forward to it.
The only problem with the mod people aren't gonna like is most likely missions triggers will not work at all. I haven't tested yet but I will when I start work on this again atm i'm busy i'll start back up on this in a few days. Also the change radio station text is always there, i'm still working on fixing that. Also all store triggers (upon entering them most have a 10 second trigger delay) So in other words lets say you enter a bar or night and wanna buy some food or alcohol upon entering said trigger you will have 10 seconds to buy what you want and then exit said menu and get away from it's trigger radius, because if not if you stay in the trigger for longer than 10 seconds upon exiting the store menu, you will instantly get thrown back into the menu. When that happens all you have to do is exit the store instantly and run away. And it's like this with all store based triggers and warp zones. However mechanics, and car dealerships have a 25-28 second trigger delay to be more lenient . I'm still working on warp zones aka elevators/teleporters, they are still looping horribly and you get stuck in a black screen space upon entering them. I'm having to make the warp zones a whole new navpoint away from the ending elevator if that makes sense. Other than that everything else is working fine. Besides crib customization, those triggers don't work no matter what I do. The bypass for this would to be to leave one part of the map blank meaning leave about 50 feet of open space to move all crib customization triggers to one place spaced away from each other that way you could customize your crib, however I haven't tested that and it could lead to a game crash issue due to chunk swapping from far away from it's original nav point. However I'm leaning more towards leaving the crib customization being disabled. Because you could always use normal GoTR and customize your cribs and save your game. I also haven't tested out gang customization. I was also thinking about editing all cars to not have a radio because you always hear the on foot radio over everything else. But i'm thinking about just leaving a note to turn radio off by default in your radio settings for cars. Because the on foot radio is heard above everything else. I'm still thinking rather or not to make the on foot radio controllable in cars however you would constantly be getting in and out of vehicles, but i might do this for ease of access if somebody wants to use the car radio and that way you can turn the on foot radio off while in a car.

Edit:
The method i'm using could also be done to change clothes on the fly also, however on foot radio would be disabled if I made that mod. I might make it a small mod all it's own in the future, but i'm not sure how many would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back