THQ Nordic acquires Koch Media

It'd be cool if Nordic could give the same care to SR2 that they did with Red Faction Guerilla's Steam update, though.
The thing is, they wouldn't be able to do anything with current PC port because the source code is lost. Volition wasn't responsible for it at all, THQ hired a bunch of amateurs from CD Projekt at the last moment and they dropped technical support after barely few updates. That's why no DLC was released, that's why nobody ever fixed it. It's fundamentally broken.

The thing is, they wouldn't be able to do anything with current PC port because the source code is lost. Volition wasn't responsible for it at all, THQ hired a bunch of amateurs from CD Projekt at the last moment and they dropped technical support after barely few updates. That's why no DLC was released, that's why nobody ever fixed it. It's fundamentally broken.
yeah, that's why I'm hoping that, somehow, Nordic got a hold of the source code when they bought the remainder of THQ. A long shot sure, but it's nice to dream.

Remake of Saints Row 1 for PC, XBO and PS4 or a new Saints Row game.
New Red Faction with destructible environment.
Yes! I feel sorry for those poor people who didn't get to experience the joy of Saints Row 1. Even though Saints Row 2 outdid it in sheer scale, no other Saints Row game can match those incredible thunder and lightning storms and the "rideable" trains. And celebrity voices!

And Red Faction Guerilla was just totally awesome with it's destructible environment.

Last edited:
I'd be on board with a Saints Row reboot that takes place in a Stilwater expanded beyond SR2 era.

Maybe in this universe the Boss first joins the Saints years after the SR2 gangs and Ultor have entered the city, so you have 6 gangs + Ultor to defeat.

Reactions: F13
That's why I'm not one of the old school SR fan. I don't have X360 and I played SR2 short before SR3.
The open world of SR1 is way better than SR4, honestly. There's just a lot more to do, and the NPCs are much more interactive and life-like than later games. It just feels like a city that's so alive! But, of course, the SR1/SR2 engine is very dated, so that's a major reason I would love to see a remake with more realistic graphics.

I can't wait for a remake or a remastered Saints Row.

Give me:
Remake of Saints Row 1 for PC, XBO and PS4 or a new Saints Row game.
New Red Faction with destructible environment.
Who's bright idea was it to make Red Faction games after Guerilla without fully destructible environment anyway?

Also, we do deserve at the very least a remake/rerelease of SR1, since there is like NO way to get a copy nowadays. Why it's not digitally distributed anywhere is... kinda odd. Unless I haven't searched GoG enough. But I know for certain it's not on Steam.

Back