Flow754's Weapon Clone Tool

Yup you should already have the modding patch installed if your copy of SRIV is up to date.
You can either use 3d modelling software along with the SDK to apply a chrome material to the model or retexture the baseball bat to make it look more like metal.
Where is the Weapons_skins.xtbl
I extracted patch_compressed.vpp_pc to folder and only have Weapons (This is Models) & Weapon_Costumes (Is this the Skins)

Where is the Weapons_skins.xtbl
I extracted patch_compressed.vpp_pc to folder and only have Weapons (This is Models) & Weapon_Costumes (Is this the Skins)
Weapon_costumes is for, well, costumes, alternative 3d models for weapons. I believe weapon_skins.xtbl, the file responsible for alternative textures, is in misc_tables.vpp_pc for some reason.

Weapon_costumes is for, well, costumes, alternative 3d models for weapons. I believe weapon_skins.xtbl, the file responsible for alternative textures, is in misc_tables.vpp_pc for some reason.
Thank you, as I'm working on a .BAT file that acts like a Wizard...if I can allow Users to Bulk it would be awesome
If I'm able to detect the functions available based on the User Copying the <Weapon><Name>, <Costume><Name> or <Skin><Name> with the Name.

If I try to create an alternative Skin based off a Weapon or Costume/Style Name I get this
Cloning Baseball Skin.png

I need to test try if <Weapon> with Weapon or Costume Function and <Costume> with Weapon or Costume Function because if my theory is correct then you can only Create a Clone Weapon or Costume for Weapon, but a Clone Costume for Costume only and a Clone Skin for Skin only.

Okay so the Test I've conducted with Your new Parameters
the Name From .XTBL, Clone Type = Results using .BAT
Name from Weapons.xtbl
1A. Clone Weapon = Empty Folder
1B. Clone Costume = Empty Folder
1C. Clone Skin = Empty Folder

Name from Weapon_costumes.xtbl
2A. Clone Weapon = Folder with 6 xtbl for skinning, upgrades, costumes, etc
2B. Clone Costume = Folder with 3 xtbl for costumes, inventory, 3D
2C. Clone Skin = Empty Folder

Name from Weapon_skins.xtbl
3A. Clone Weapon = Folder with xtbl for skinning
3B. Clone Costume = Folder with xtbl for skinning
3C. Clone Skin = Folder with xtbl for skinning

So this is what I came to

1. Only use skin function on skin names for standalone skins
2. Only use weapon function on costume names to convert a costume to a standalone weapon with its own costume/skins/upgrades/etc
3. Only use costume function on costume names to make a standalone model variant under a standalone weapon with standalone skins

Last edited:
Hi, I got one strange bug, converter doesn't repack clip archive. As I understand that is some problem on maya side, it rename all "-" to "_" when almost all clip files end with the "-clip" so you need manually create clip str2 and fix asm file.

Hi, I got one strange bug, converter doesn't repack clip archive. As I understand that is some problem on maya side, it rename all "-" to "_" when almost all clip files end with the "-clip" so you need manually create clip str2 and fix asm file.
Yeah, I've encountered this bug too. Instead of creating the str2 file manually, you can simply change the affected filenames after the conversion before clicking the package button.

Yeah, I've encountered this bug too. Instead of creating the str2 file manually, you can simply change the affected filenames after the conversion before clicking the package button.
Lol I did it for skins but for some reason i did't think about same approach for clips. And one more question Maya\centimeters\Z-axis Force 3d max in the convertor. Everything looks ok except tags. I have to multiply tag position in maya on 2.54 to get same position is game. There is some way not to do it or this is some necessary magic?

Lol I did it for skins but for some reason i did't think about same approach for clips. And one more question Maya\centimeters\Z-axis Force 3d max in the convertor. Everything looks ok except tags. I have to multiply tag position in maya on 2.54 to get same position is game. There is some way not to do it or this is some necessary magic?
I'm assuming you're following your own tutorial to convert 3dsMax models to Maya's coordinate system? I'm using a sligthly different approach as I normally set the converter to Y-Up/Centimeters when I work on weapons. To get the model to look somewhat like it does ingame, I usually
  • set Maya's up-axis to Y if it isn't already
  • import the template
  • unbind the skin
  • unparent the tags from the root bone
  • rotate and scale the root bone, so that the transform's at 0,0,0/0,0,0/1,1,1
  • manually create a new skin for the weapon
  • (optionally) check if the tags are positioned at the origin if the location's set to 0,0,0. If not, move the tags to the origin, freeze the translation and move them back to where they should be.
  • Edit > Delete All By Type > Non-Deformer History
Maybe I've skipped a step there, but that's basically how I do it.

Hi, I tried to copy RifleBurst-0-NG and found that clone tool didn't rename clone clip, it will cause problem I guess
upload_2018-4-21_14-58-14.png

Same for RifleAuto-0-AR but it rename SMGLarge-0-SWAT's clip

Last edited:
Back